- University secures planning permission for student accommodation at Temple Quarter 17 October 2019 Bristol City Council has given the green light for planned student accommodation to be built by the University of Bristol at Temple Quarter.
- University secures £20 million investment into quantum technology innovation 14 October 2019 The University of Bristol’s plans to create a technology innovation centre on its new campus have received a £20 million funding boost.
- University of Bristol joins international network to drive civic innovation 3 October 2019 The University of Bristol and the City of Bristol are among the first international members of the Metrolab network, a collaboration of more than 45 cities and 61 universities focused on civic innovation.
- Bristol engineers elected as Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering 30 September 2019 Professors Dimitra Simeonidou and Jonathan Cooper from the University of Bristol’s Faculty of Engineering have been elected as Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering in recognition of their outstanding and continuing contributions to the profession.
- New collaboration to boost data science and digital technologies expertise 24 September 2019 A formal partnership has been agreed between the University of Bristol and analytical instrumentation provider Malvern Panalytical.
- Bristol’s University Enterprise Zone gets £1.5m boost for biotech 20 September 2019 Research England has awarded £1.5m to the University of Bristol towards developing a new state-of-the-art life sciences incubator with Unit DX, as part of its University Enterprise Zone [UEZ] programme.
- Landmark enterprise campus designs revealed by University of Bristol 9 September 2019 The detailed designs of buildings and public spaces to be created at Temple Quarter on the site of the former Royal Mail Sorting Office have been revealed, with the University of Bristol looking to create a striking new landmark for the city through its new campus.
- Sustainable student start-up wins ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ 8 August 2019 University of Bristol alumnus, Charlie Guy, has been crowned national ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ and awarded £30,000 at the Shell Enterprise Development Awards 2019, to grow and develop his sustainable farming company LettUs Grow.
- University of Bristol awarded £100 million to drive 'tech for better futures' research 10 July 2019 A new £100 million institute, based in the centre of Bristol, is set to transform the way we create, utilise and evaluate new digital technologies to benefit our society now and in the future.
- Changemakers: tackling gender diversity in STEM 2 July 2019 Female secondary school students will be taking part in an event next week [8-12 July] to break down stereotypes and highlight the opportunities available to young women interested in data science-related careers.
- Jamie Cullum leads world's first 5G music lesson 26 June 2019 Critically acclaimed musician and songwriter Jamie Cullum, led the world's first 5G music lesson from his piano at the two thousand year-old Roman Amphitheatre in London yesterday [Tuesday 25 June], playing live with amateur musicians in Bristol and Birmingham using 5G technology from the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, EE, King's College London and Digital Catapult.
- Quantum computing company – co-founded by Bristol scientist – benefits from £750k investment 3 June 2019 A pioneering quantum computing company co-founded by academics from University College London (UCL) and the University of Bristol has received £750,000 investment from the UCL Technology Fund, along with co-investors Parkwalk Advisors and the London Co-investment Fund.
- Bristol's 5G technology gives aspiring musicians chance to play live with Jamie Cullum 16 May 2019 The University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab is behind a landmark musical event that will see amateur musicians rehearse and perform live with platinum-selling artist, Jamie Cullum, from different venues across the UK – at the same time.
- Ground-breaking driverless car project showcases vision for a connected transport future 13 May 2019 The multi-organisational team behind the £5.5 million FLOURISH connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) project is today [Monday 13 May] celebrating the completion of three years of collaborative research and development with the launch of its latest findings.
- Using AI and data science to crack the productivity puzzle at work 13 May 2019 The law firm of the future is a step closer thanks to a new partnership between Burges Salmon and the University of Bristol, which will explore how the use of AI and data science can improve productivity.
- Share your views as plans for new University campus evolve 11 April 2019 The latest plans for the University of Bristol’s new state-of-the-art campus at Temple Quarter are being unveiled today [11 April] as the first phase of public consultation gets underway.
- Bristol part of new National Centre of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity 28 March 2019 The University of Bristol is to work alongside other leading universities and industry partners as part of a new government initiative to position the nation as a world leader in tackling cyber threats.
- Ambitious plans for digital technologies awarded seed funding 21 March 2019 Plans for a world-leading cyber innovation network and a new creative media hub are one step closer to reality after a successful funding bid led by the University of Bristol in partnership with the region’s universities, businesses and community organisations.
- 'Orchestrating the Orchestra’ 5G enables musicians to perform across locations 14 March 2019 The public are invited to experience musicians perform a fully synchronised concert across venues in Bristol and London, using 5G Orchestration Technologies on Saturday 16th March.
- New partnership with LV General Insurance advances data science capabilities 14 March 2019 The University of Bristol and LV= General Insurance (LV=GI), one of the UK’s largest personal insurers, have today announced a new partnership with the aim of working together to make advancements in the field of data science by sharing knowledge, skills and opportunities.
Read updates and news on the Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus blog.