Artificial skin creates first ticklish devices 20 October 2019 A new interface developed by researchers in Bristol and Paris takes touch technology to the next level by providing an artificial skin-like membrane for augmenting interactive devices such as phones, wearables or computers.
- Vet School awarded prestigious American Veterinary Medical Association accreditation 22 October 2019 The University of Bristol Veterinary School has been awarded full accreditation of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Bristol's Veterinary School is now one of only seven veterinary schools with AVMA accreditation in Europe.
- Women ‘less likely to progress at work’ than their male counterparts following childbirth 22 October 2019 Women and men experience a ‘large divergence’ in their career paths in the years following childbirth, according to a study following more than 3,500 new parents.
- Scientists reveal how the fossil fuel industry misled the public about climate change 21 October 2019 An international group of scientists has shown that fossil fuel corporations have, for decades, denied the public's right to be accurately informed about climate change by funding efforts to deceive people about the dangers of their product. A report illustrating how the industry "polluted the information landscape" and how the damage could be undone is published today [Monday 21 October].
- New haptic arm places robotics within easy reach 20 October 2019 Imagine being able to build and use a robotic device without the need for expensive, specialist kit or skills. That is the vision that researchers from the University of Bristol have turned into reality, creating a lightweight, affordable and simple solution for everyday users.
- Artificial skin creates first ticklish devices 20 October 2019 A new interface developed by researchers in Bristol and Paris takes touch technology to the next level by providing an artificial skin-like membrane for augmenting interactive devices such as phones, wearables or computers.
- Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute collaborate to enable holographic persona at the Simple Things Festival 18 October 2019 A unique collaboration by the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute and the Simple Things Festival 2019 will allow festival ticket holders to experience a world premiere artistic performance in a multi-user Virtual Reality (VR) experience.
- Bristol's Children of the 90s backed to continue its 'study of life' 18 October 2019 Bristol's Children of the 90s study will be supported for the next five years through an established collaboration between the University of Bristol, the Medical Research Council and The Wellcome Trust.
- How ocean ecosystems recovered after mass extinction event 66 million years ago 17 October 2019 An international team of scientists, led by the University of Bristol, have produced an unprecedented record of the biotic recovery of ocean ecosystems that followed after the last mass extinction, 66 million years ago.
- Protecting wireless networks from cyber-attacks receives £6.1 million funding boost 17 October 2019 Cyber security and wireless experts from academia and industry will join forces to tackle the growing threat posed to wireless networks by cyber-attacks, thanks to a £6.1 million funding boost from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and industry.
- Global research projects co-designed with experts in East Africa awarded UKRI funding 17 October 2019 From helping schools improve earthquake mitigation plans, to enabling farmers to detect fish stocks and seasonal droughts, researchers are collaborating with regional partners in a bid to deliver strategic responses to prescient challenges.