Documents you must provide
You will need the following documents for your Tier 4 visa application. All documents must be originals, not copies. Please be aware that some of them e.g ATAS and financial evidence will take time to prepare so you will need to start preparing documents early.
- All passports used to travel to the UK.
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card (if you have one).
- Two photographs that meet the UKVI rules for passport photos. If your photographs do not meet these rules, your application will be rejected as invalid.
- Police registration certificate (if you have one).
- Provide financial evidence to support your application. If applicable see our additional information for sponsored students. If the UKVI considers you to be a low-risk applicant according to their differentiation arrangement, you should prepare financial evidence so that you have it ready if you are asked to provide it.
- Provide evidence of your qualifications listed in the 'evidence provided' box of your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) email. These are likely to be academic certificates/transcripts, and must be original documents. If the UKVI considers you to be a low-risk applicant according to their differentiation arrangement, you should prepare evidence of your qualifications so that you have it ready if you are asked to provide it.
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate (if you require one - your offer letter will contain details for making an ATAS application).
- Tuberculosis test results (if you are from a country where you have to take the test and you are applying outside the UK).
You must send a fully certified, original translation for each document you provide that is not in English. We suggest you get a translation in your home country before you come to the UK as it will be cheaper.
The translation must meet the UKVI translation requirements by including:
- Name of translator.
- Details of translator's qualification, eg Tem 8.
- Translator's signature and date.
- Translator's contact details.
- Statement: "I confirm this is an accurate translation of the original."
If it does not meet the UKVI translation requirements, it will not be accepted by the UKVI for your visa application.