Standard Visitor visa

From 1 December 2020 Standard Visitor visa will be replacing Short-term Study visa for purposes of short-term studies at the University of Bristol. We will update this page with necessary information relating to this around that date, once the guidance is published. If you are coming to the UK for this purpose on 1 December 2020 or later, please do not apply for Short-term study visa as you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa instead. 

Who needs a Standard Visitor visa

Students attending graduation ceremonies

You may need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to return to the UK for Graduation.

Please see our Graduation information for more details.

Friends and family visiting you

Friends or family who want to visit while you are in the UK can apply for a Standard Visitor visa. They cannot apply for or extend a Standard Visitor visa once they are in the UK.

Please see our Inviting your family or friends (PDF, 132kB) information sheet for more information.

Applying for a Standard Visitor visa

Apply online for Standard Visitor visa.

Health insurance

If you enter the UK on a Standard Visitor visa, you are not entitled to National Health Service (NHS) treatment. We advise that you to take out private medical insurance.

Contact us

Find out how to contact us

Visa question?

Edit this page