International Student Visa Advice and Compliance
Our International Student Visa Advisers support students on matters related to immigration status.
Advisers can offer guidance to prospective and current students. Advisers help students ensure they meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements and rules.
Read our Statement of service.
How we support our students
We provide information, support and advice on:
- Tier 4 student visa
- Pre-sessional students
- Short-term study visa
- Working in the UK during your studies
- Working in the UK after you have graduated (DES and GES)
- Standard Visitor visa
- Lost passport or BRP card
We do not advise on the following:
- Schengen visas - find out more about Schengen visas from the UK Council for Internal Student Affairs (UKCISA).
- UK equivalent scores - read the University of Bristol's advice on equivalent qualifications.
- Fee status - read University of Bristol's advice on fee status.
- Tier 2 - find out about Employment (Tier 2) from UKCISA.
- Tier 5 - find out about Working after studies from UKCISA.
How we support staff
We support colleagues to ensure that we comply with our Tier 4 sponsor licence.
Giving visa advice
Please do not give visa advice to your students, contact us.
All you need to know about your Tier 4 student visa application.