Academic Progression

New student visa guidance was released by the Home Office on 5th October 2020, and some information has changed. Please bear with us while we update these webpages over the next few days as the information below may be outdated.  

If you have previously had a Student or a Tier 4 (General) Student visa, the University can only give you a CAS if your new course represents academic progress from your previous studies.

If you are currently in the UK as a Tier 4 Student and wish to apply for a new Tier 4, your eligibility to do this without leaving the UK would depend on the level of your studies, as well as on whether your current course has been successfully completed. If you have leave in a different immigration category, please contact us for advice.

Some common scenarios concerning academic progression for Tier 4 visa holders are described below.

Contact us

Find out how to contact us

Visa question?

Edit this page