Applying to Access to Bristol
Applications are open until Friday 15 October 2021.
To apply for Access to Bristol you must:
- be in your first or second year of A-level study (or equivalent);
- be resident in a BA, BS or other local postcode within an hour’s journey of the University of Bristol (this includes South Wales);
- attend a local state school or college.
The scheme is very popular and there is high demand for places. If a subject stream is oversubscribed, we will give priority to those who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- have the academic ability to study at the University of Bristol (meeting the GCSE entry requirements for their chosen subject stream and studying any required Level 3 subjects);
- are part of the first generation in their family to go to university;
- live in an area of low participation in higher education as defined by POLAR4, which is a score of 1 or 2 for the category 'POLAR4 young participation quintile';
- are a BAME (Black, Asian, & Minority Ethnic) student;
- attend an aspiring state school or college;
- are or have been eligible for free school meals;
- have spent three or more months in local authority care;
- are currently an estranged student;
- be considered a mature student (over 21 years old when you will begin your degree).
If you are interested in Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Science, find out more about our Pathways to Health Sciences scheme.
We recommend that you discuss your application to the programme with your head of sixth form/college. You will need permission from your school or college to attend the sessions and we ask for a contact at your school on your application form.
Interested in Medicine, Dentistry or Vet Science?
If you are a Year 12 or Access to HE student interested in studying Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Science, you may be interested in our extended Pathways to Health Sciences outreach programme.