As Supervisors we are here to help with your academic and professional development.

What we do

All postgraduate research students have a main Supervisor who is your primary point of contact for academic guidance. Additionally, you will be allocated at least a second point of academic contact and may have other supervisors. We will meet with you at regular intervals to support your research studies throughout the period of the research degree.

We are academic researchers who have expertise in a research area or methodology and are your main point of contact within your school or department.

You will have the same Supervisory team throughout your studies unless this is not possible, or you request a change. Normally, any change of supervisor will be by mutual agreement between you and the University.

How we can help

You can talk to us about academic and pastoral issues. If you are feeling lost, worried about your studies, or falling behind, come to us for advice and guidance.

We will also work with the mental health and wellbeing services to help you find the right type of support.

Things we can't help with

We are not experts in counselling, healthcare or careers advice but can signpost you to other support services.

We are not normally available outside standard working hours. Find out where you can get help in an emergency, or a mental health crisis

If you are a taught student, you will not have a Supervisor, you will have a Personal Tutor.

Contact your Supervisor

You should have been given your Supervisor's contact details at the start of your studies.

Contact your school if you are unsure who your Supervisor is.

If you think you need different wellbeing support

If you don't think this is the right support for you, find out where else you can get help

Edit this page