Bristol Eating Better Awards ‘brings positive change’ 10 May 2019 A new report by the University of Bristol evaluating Bristol City Council’s Bristol Eating Better Awards, concludes there is significant benefit to both consumers and food businesses in participating in an officially recognised scheme.
- Bristol Eating Better Awards ‘brings positive change’ 10 May 2019 A new report by the University of Bristol evaluating Bristol City Council’s Bristol Eating Better Awards, concludes there is significant benefit to both consumers and food businesses in participating in an officially recognised scheme.
- £6.7M for major UK disease prevention project 9 May 2019 Research teams at the University of Bristol have been awarded over £6.7M by the UK Prevention Research Partnership (UKPRP) to tackle unhealthy urban development linked to non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as heart disease, obesity, poor mental health, cancer and diabetes.
- Domestic abuse: Developing more effective responses in children and young people’s social care 1 May 2019 Researchers from the Justice, Inequalities, and Gender Based Violence Project (The Justice Project) will be working with Research In Practice (RiP) to deliver the first of 6 national workshops to social care practitioners starting today [2nd May] in Manchester.
- Bristol students make record win at Undergraduate of the Year Awards 1 May 2019 University of Bristol students have returned victorious from Friday’s [26 April] Undergraduate of the Year Awards in London, having scooped three wins, including one belonging to current second year Criminology student, Samir Badaro.
- Study shows older men feel ‘excluded, overlooked and cut-off’ 29 April 2019 With increasing numbers of older men experiencing loneliness, a new report published today calls for a better understanding of how to tackle the growing public health challenge.
- Dr Noemi Lendvai-Bainton and Dr Yiming Wang celebrate with our Chinese Public Policy students at Shanghai graduation. 15 April 2019 More than 330 students from the University of Bristol were honoured by the University’s Chancellor, Sir Paul Nurse, at the Graduation Celebration in Shanghai today (Saturday 13 April).
- Ensuring trans people in Wales receive dignified and inclusive health and social care in later life 4 April 2019 Findings from a two-year study looking at health care provision for trans people later in life, will be announced at a launch event in Cardiff today (Thurs 4 April).
- Bristol Student Union election results 2019 29 March 2019 School for Policy Studies students amongst newly elected officers
- Public Policy students compete in the NASPAA Batten Global Simulation competition 26 March 2019 The NASPAA-Batten Student Simulation Competition is a day-long event, held annually, that allows graduate students in public policy and related fields to test their skills on real-world data.
- Reimagining Refugee Rights - Addressing Asylum Harms in Britain, Denmark and Sweden 25 March 2019 A new report launched this month seeks to identify the societal harms in seeking asylum and the key barriers to support.