School for Policy Studies welcomes care leavers and professionals to university taster day 16 July 2019 Last week, the School for Policy Studies were pleased to welcome care leavers and professionals from Bristol Hope School and the Bristol charity, 1625 Independent People, who support 16-25 year olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- School for Policy Studies welcomes care leavers and professionals to university taster day 16 July 2019 Last week, the School for Policy Studies were pleased to welcome care leavers and professionals from Bristol Hope School and the Bristol charity, 1625 Independent People, who support 16-25 year olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Lack of data on missing migrant children leads to gaps in protection 27 June 2019 A new report highlights the need for better data on migrant deaths and disappearances, particularly when it comes to missing migrant children.
- New PhD Studentship for Research on Adult Social Care in England 25 June 2019 The School for Policy Studies is currently recruiting for one full-time PhD studentship, with a start date of 23rd September 2019. The studentship is funded by the NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR).
- BSc Social Policy at the School for Policy Studies ranked 2nd in the UK 14 June 2019 The Guardian University Guide for 2020 has just been published, with subjects at the University of Bristol featuring in the top ten for 12 subjects.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarships in the School for Policy Studies 13 June 2019 The School of Policy Studies at the University of Bristol is seeking to recruit two Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) for a PhD in areas which expand and complement the School’s profile in Social/Public Policy or Criminology/Social Harm.
- The importance of being a Dad: Supporting all fathers, including those with learning difficulties 12 June 2019 New report highlights the need for services working with families to recognise and build on the value of fathers as good male role models.
- Death Talk and Loss Talk in an Age of Longevity - A Conversation with the facilitators of Talk 12 June 2019 Dying Matters Awareness Week (13th -19th May 2019) aims to promote conversations on dying, death and bereavement.
- Life isn’t over: how best to communicate with people living with dementia 29 May 2019 When Sandie Read was diagnosed with dementia at 57, she felt a mixture of fear, anxiety and depression. Fifteen years later and not only is she offering support to fellow sufferers but she’s also working with researchers to improve the way people communicate and interact with those living with the condition.
- Bristol Eating Better Awards ‘brings positive change’ 10 May 2019 A new report by the University of Bristol evaluating Bristol City Council’s Bristol Eating Better Awards, concludes there is significant benefit to both consumers and food businesses in participating in an officially recognised scheme.
- £6.7M for major UK disease prevention project 9 May 2019 Research teams at the University of Bristol have been awarded over £6.7M by the UK Prevention Research Partnership (UKPRP) to tackle unhealthy urban development linked to non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as heart disease, obesity, poor mental health, cancer and diabetes.