It’s time to #FlipTheSexistScript 20 July 2021 Women’s Aid and University of Bristol launch research into the gendered experiences of justice and domestic abuse
- It’s time to #FlipTheSexistScript 20 July 2021 Women’s Aid and University of Bristol launch research into the gendered experiences of justice and domestic abuse
- Policy & Politics achieves impressive result in new impact factors and international rankings 2 July 2021 We are delighted to announce that Policy & Politics has achieved an impressive result in the 2021 Journal Citation Reports with an Impact Factor of 3.750. This places the Journal firmly in the top quartile of international journals in political science and in the second quartile in public administration.
- Friends and family found creative ways to support women experiencing domestic abuse during COVID-19 1 July 2021 In usual times, women experiencing domestic abuse reach out to those around them for support, but the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated social restrictions have made this more difficult to do. New research has found friends, family, neighbours and colleagues (informal supporters) used creative ways to keep in touch with and to continue offering support domestic abuse survivors.
- Ground-breaking student research project into youth resilience 28 June 2021 A ground-breaking research project conducted by undergraduate student researchers which looked at the issue of youth resilience has been published today.
- Success for students working in adult social care research 18 June 2021 Four postgraduate students in the School for Policy Studies have won national internship awards to support their research in key areas of adult social care.
- Dr Daryl James Dugdale, 1966-2021 11 June 2021 Dr Daryl Dugdale, Lecturer in Social Work and Programme Director for the Social Work MSc, died on 26 May at the age of 55. His colleagues, Dr Agnes Bezzina, Dr David Abbott and Dr Jon Symonds offer a remembrance.
- New report examines why people with learning disabilities continue to die prematurely 10 June 2021 People with learning disabilities continue to die prematurely – and although there are some early signs of improvements, there are still considerable differences compared to the general population, according to a new report published today.
- Handing on the baton of the Learning Disabilities Mortality Review (LeDeR) programme 14 May 2021 The University of Bristol established, and has since been supporting, the Learning Disabilities Mortality Review (LeDeR) programme since 2016. As planned, that support is coming to an end on 31st May 2021.
- Playdoh cookies and haystacks… Postgraduate Research in focus 5 May 2021 This week we were delighted to host the first School for Policy Studies’ Postgraduate Research (PGR) symposium, which took place online.
- International Women's Day - Policy Studies women using their expertise to grapple with the impacts of COVID-19 8 March 2021 To mark International Women's Day 2021 and in the context of the ongoing pandemic, we are showcasing some of our female scholars whose work is contributing to key Covid-19 related research findings. Here are some highlights from interviews with four of our academics and insights into some of the challenges and triumphs during their research.