UK military families struggle to access specialist domestic abuse support 11 September 2019 Less than 10 per cent of domestic violence and abuse (DVA) services identify themselves as providing specialist support to military families, according to a new report from the School for Policy Studies.
- Bristol Climate Change Question Time 20 September 2019
- UK military families struggle to access specialist domestic abuse support 11 September 2019 Less than 10 per cent of domestic violence and abuse (DVA) services identify themselves as providing specialist support to military families, according to a new report from the School for Policy Studies.
- Bristol researchers lead new national guidance on how to stay fit and healthy 6 September 2019 Guidance on how the UK population can stay fit and healthy has been updated thanks to a major review led by researchers from the School for Policy Studies.
- Syrian refugee study shortlisted for Research Project of the Year award 6 September 2019 A research project focused uniquely on the missing voices and experiences of Syrian refugee fathers and the integration of their families has been recognised by the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2019.
- 'Whole housing approach’ needed for victims of domestic abuse 23 August 2019 More needs to be done to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse who are homeowners or private renters, according to a new report from the University of Bristol.
- July graduation ceremony - Celebrating the Class of 2019 23 July 2019 There was a fantastic turn out yesterday for the pre-graduation celebrations held in the School for Policy gardens. Soon-to-be graduates and their families mingled in the sunshine with academic staff and alumni from past cohorts for several hours before heading off to receive their degrees at the iconic Wills Memorial building.
- Manager of Women’s Aid to receive honorary degree 22 July 2019 Today (Monday 22 July) Lisa Johnson, the Manager of the National Domestic Violence Helpline, Women's Aid, will be awarded an honorary degree as part of our graduation ceremonies.
- School for Policy Studies welcomes care leavers and professionals to university taster day 16 July 2019 Last week, the School for Policy Studies were pleased to welcome care leavers and professionals from Bristol Hope School and the Bristol charity, 1625 Independent People, who support 16-25 year olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Lack of data on missing migrant children leads to gaps in protection 27 June 2019 A new report highlights the need for better data on migrant deaths and disappearances, particularly when it comes to missing migrant children.
- New PhD Studentship for Research on Adult Social Care in England 25 June 2019 The School for Policy Studies is currently recruiting for one full-time PhD studentship, with a start date of 23rd September 2019. The studentship is funded by the NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR).