International Scholarships 1 December 2023 The School for Policy Studies offers a range of different funding sources available to apply for. These include doctoral training pathways and University-funded scholarships.
- International Scholarships 1 December 2023 The School for Policy Studies offers a range of different funding sources available to apply for. These include doctoral training pathways and University-funded scholarships.
- SPS academics found new ‘Social Harm’ group at the Social Policy Association 30 November 2023 Following the call circulated earlier this summer, the Social Policy Association (SPA) has announced that four new Social Policy Groups have been approved. One of these groups, ‘Social Harm’, will be led by joint team leaders Nasrul Ismail and Christina Pantazis from the School for Policy Studies.
- SPS student appointed to Government committee overseeing criminal court proceedings 28 November 2023 Becky White, a PhD student from the School for Policy Studies, has been appointed to serve on the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee.
- Older people are missing out on valuable social work – new report 27 November 2023 New research has revealed how ageism, lack of investment and pressured services are undermining the potential for older people to access valuable social workers when they need them most.
- New research shows the use of 'chemical control' within abusive relationships 24 November 2023 Research by academics from the University of Bristol has highlighted how perpetrators of domestic abuse may use prescribed medication/treatment as a form of coercion and control.
- SPS professor elected Fellow of The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries 31 October 2023 Professor Chukwumerije Okereke has been elected fellow of The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries (UNESCO-TWAS) in recognition of his outstanding contribution to science and its promotion in the developing world.
- Global coalition call to end child poverty 17 October 2023 How can we advance global goals amidst inward crisis?
- SPS Professor one of leading social scientists elected to the Fellowship of the Academy of Social Sciences 4 October 2023 Professor David Abbott welcomed to the Academy's Fellowship this autumn
- New research highlights and addresses public health gaps in the ‘levelling up’ agenda 16 August 2023 The UK government's levelling up agenda is set to fail in its mission to address inequalities unless it tackles the root causes of poor health, according to a new study.
- Graduation joy for amazing student who went to 11 schools 2 August 2023 ‘I kept stumbling until I landed. It’s been the most ridiculous crazy journey’