School for Policy Studies alumni honoured at inaugural Bristol Alumni Awards 13 March 2019 The first University of Bristol Alumni Awards ceremony, which saw the broadcaster Sir David Attenborough receive a Lifetime Achievement award last night, celebrated the exceptional achievements of the University’s alumni.
- School for Policy Studies alumni honoured at inaugural Bristol Alumni Awards 13 March 2019 The first University of Bristol Alumni Awards ceremony, which saw the broadcaster Sir David Attenborough receive a Lifetime Achievement award last night, celebrated the exceptional achievements of the University’s alumni.
- Wide ranging reforms needed to how authorities approach FGM safeguarding 7 March 2019 Mothers, fathers and young Somali adults have expressed a pervasive sense of disempowerment, traumatisation and victimisation at the hands of statutory services, feeding into a new report that urges authorities to change their approach.
- Putting citizens at the heart of the smart city 7 March 2019 The School for Policy Studies is delighted to receive funding from the first ever ESRC-CONACYT collaboration to lead a binational interdisciplinary project which aims to enhance our understanding of smart cities.
- Diversity in Care Environments in England and Wales 4 March 2019 A new research project in the School for Policy Studies at University of Bristol is looking at ways in which older people are made to feel included and valued in housing schemes with care and support services.
- February 2019 graduation 25 February 2019 Last week the School marked the graduation of students from our postgraduate taught (Masters) and research (PhD) programmes with a reception for family and friends in the grounds of Goldney Hall.
- Meet our new graduates: Interview with Rosie Sadler (MSc Nutrition, Physical Activity & Public Health) 20 February 2019 In the second of our interviews with recent graduates, we meet Rosie Sadler to find out how she is applying what she learnt on her postgraduate degree to her career.
- Meet our new graduates: Interview with Nick Aslett (MSc Social Work) 20 February 2019 To celebrate our latest cohort of alumni graduating later today, we caught up with some of them to hear about their experiences of postgraduate study and what it means for their career. Our first interviewee is Nick Aslett.
- Disrupting the Routes between Care and Custody 12 February 2019 What can we learn from girls and women who have been in both the care and criminal justice systems?
- Interdisciplinary Research Internship Scheme (IRIS) Presentations 4 February 2019 Congratulations to Ada (Shengyu ) Zhao, a 3rd year social policy and sociology student who was one of eleven candidates shortlisted in the IRIS poster competition hosted by the Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS) last week.
- Teens keep active despite asthma or eczema, study finds 22 January 2019 A fresh look by the University of Bristol at how teenagers are affected by their asthma, eczema or obesity has some reassuring findings published in BMJ Open.