The Vice-Chancellor's (VC) Scholarship for Sport is offered to a maximum of 10 students each year. Scholarship's are offered for between £1,500 - £3,000 per student, per annum.
Applications open in December each year and close the following March. Open and closing dates for applications will be released during Term 1 of each adaemic year.
Why apply for a Scholarship at Bristol?
The University of Bristol Performance Sport offer has grown and developed dramatically over the past five years.
Bristol consistently performs as a Top-10 University in the BUCS League table.
- Bristol has a prestigious Alumni Sporting Hall of Fame, featuring Olympians, Commonwealth Gold Medalists, and GB representation across a range of sports.
We provide a competitive but holistic scholarship programme for student-athletes, comprising both sport and lifestyle coaching, mentoring and support.
- Talented athletes at Bristol continue to excel in their sporting development, whilst also performing and achieving academically, throughout their time as a student.
- Through partnerships with National Governing Bodies (NGB's) and Professional Sports Clubs locally and nationally, Bristol offers development programmes for our Student Athletes to achieve outside of the University environment.
Eligability and applications
Applicants must be entering their first year of study at Bristol.
- University of Bristol must be your first-choice University with UCAS in order to be eligable for a Scholarship.
- Applicants should be performing at an International Level in their sport.
For more information about the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship, eligability criteria and terms, application dates and additional guidance, visit the University's Student Finance Scholarships page.
Maroon Athlete Scholarship
The Maroon Athlete Scholarship is available to current students not already on the VC Scholarship programme. Students are nominated by Head Coaches across four of our high-performance sports; Boat, Hockey, Men’s Rugby and Tennis.
Student receive no financial award with a Maroon Scholarship, but will benefit from:
- Additional coaching time, support and mentoring
- #WeAreBristol Sports Pass included
- Club Membership included
- Access to exclusive Scholar S&C sessions
- Group workshops with Sports Psychologist and Nutritionist
- Exclusive access to Performance Pre-Season Camps
- Maroon Scholar Kit included
- Individual/Team Coaching Sessions
- Individual Performance Profiling twice per year (May & August)
Contact our coaches
If you have any questions for our Head Coaches, please get in touch.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about playing Performance Sport or being a Student Athlete at Bristol, you can contact our Performance Staff Team with your questions.