Hiatt Baker Hall North Residential Village
Hiatt Baker is the University’s largest hall of residence. Built in the 1960s, the catered section is comprised of blocks of accommodation, with shared bathroom and basic kitchen facilities. The self-catered section opened in 2014 and consists of blocks of flats all with en suite bedrooms, and spacious townhouses.
From £162 per week
Images and video of Hiatt Baker Hall
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Hiatt Baker Hall
Getting to the campus
- 2.2 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes cycle
- Approximately 16 minutes bus journey
Parry's Lane, BS9 1AD
Based at our North Residential Village, a campus of accommodation housing over 2,000 students. The site includes gardens and space for socialising and relaxing, and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Avon Gorge, Ashton Court and Leigh Woods are all within walking distance. The North Village is two miles from the University campus, and there is a regular bus service running to the University (bus passes are included in your accommodation fee). Students living in our North Village Residences have access to a 24/7 Student Support Centre based in Hiatt Baker.
Fees for 18/19
|Room type available||Accommodation fee||Weekly fee|
|Self-catered standard room, townhouse (band 5)||£6133.20||£161.40|
|Self-catered room with basin, old block (band 4)||£6137.46||£146.13|
|Self-catered en suite room, flats (band 3)||£6993.42||£166.51|
|Self-catered studio apartment, flats||£8227.80||£195.90|
|Catered room with basin, old block (band 2)||£7558.74||£179.97|
|Catered en suite room, old block (band 2)||£8424.36||£200.58|
|Catered studio apartment (single occupancy)||£10551.24||£251.22|
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 0 weeks (23 September 2018 - 15 June 2018 or 23 September 2018 - 13 July 2019) and covers the duration of the academic year.
Find out more about what's included in your fees and the additional costs that are payable.
- Catered and self-catered
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol
- Catered flats in old style blocks
- Self-catered accommodation in new-build flats, townhouses and renovated old blocks
- Self catered flats, floors and townhouses (8-12 students) each have a one spacious kitchen/diner
- Catred blocks have two basic kitchen areas on each floor of 21-30 students
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Adapted rooms for wheelchair users available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- Single beds in old blocks and flats, small double beds (4ft/122cm wide) in townhouse
- Internet access (ResNet) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Hall bar
- Music practice room
- Study room
- Sports facilities
Contact us about this residence
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2475
Warden: Nicholas Howden Student Support Advisers: Hazel Carrington (catered) & TBC (self-catered)
Please note that student support service in residences is under review. Details of the proposed model for the 2018/19 academic year can be found on our student support pages.
Arranging a viewing: you can visit some residences on open days. To visit at any other time please contact the student support adviser for each residence.