Policies, procedures and regulations for postgraduate students starting in 2021/22
We’ve collected together the codes of conduct, policies and procedures related to the application process and other aspects of postgraduate study. Please take the time to read through the following documents. You can also find general policies for all students on the University Secretary's Office website. Please be aware that some policies for students starting at the University in 2021/22 are not yet available.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and we are committed to promoting equal opportunities.
The life of the University is enriched by having a body of students which reflects the community at large.
We select people who have the ability and motivation to benefit from their intended programmes of study and who will make positive contributions to the life of the University.
We have a clear set of principles and procedures when dealing with admissions. Further details can be found in the following documents:
- Admissions principles and procedures for postgraduate research programmes (PDF, 318kB)
- Admissions principles and procedures for postgraduate taught programmes (PDF, 314kB)
- Admissions statements for all postgraduate programmes
- Applicant feedback and complaints procedures (PDF, 108kB)
- Application fee policy (PDF, 170kB)
- Criminal convictions: guidelines for the recruitment of students with a criminal conviction (PDF, 225kB). The University has signed the Unlock fair chance pledge, committing to offering applicants with criminal records a fair chance.
- English language entry requirements policy (PDF, 95kB) (applicable to international students only)
- Fraudulent applications policy (PDF, 128kB)
Please find all policies relating to academic study on the University Secretary's Office rules and regulations for students page.
Behaviour and wellbeing
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS - formerly CRB)
- Support for students with a disability (PDF, 442kB)
IT, web and library
- Postgraduate research students who teach
- Research misconduct regulations (PDF, 262kB)
- Research practice regulations (PDF, 257kB)
Visas and immigration
- Visas and immigration: essential information (applicable to international students only)
Visit the Secretary's Office rules and regulations for students for all other student policies.