Confirming we have received your application
After you submit your application online, we will email you to confirm we have received it.
As long as you provide a valid email address with your application, we can send you email confirmation. If you do not provide an email address, we may not be able to acknowledge your application.
- your full name
- date of birth
- applicant ID number
- the name of the programme you have applied for.
How we assess your application
Once your application has been received, it will be processed (providing it is complete) and assessed by the relevant faculty or school. You will be informed as soon as a decision has been made.
To assess your application we look at:
- your university degree grade
- the grades achieved in individual units/components of your degree
- your references
- your personal statement
- your research proposal (for relevant programmes only).
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis in a holistic manner. To find out more, please see our Admissions Principles and Procedures.
We need the supporting documents for your application before we can begin to assess it and make a decision. Find more information about submitting supporting documents such as degree certificates, transcripts and references.
After you have submitted your application you can still upload supporting documents. Use the 'Post submission uploads' section and read our guidance for online applications if you need help. When you have uploaded the documents, please email the school responsible for your programme and let them know. School contact details can be found on individual programme pages.
If you need to make any other changes to your application, please contact your faculty admissions office immediately.
Applying for more than one postgraduate programme
You are welcome to submit applications for more than one programme. Make sure you do the following:
- Register each new online application with a separate username.
- Make note of which usernames you are using for each application.
- Use the same email address for every application.
- Check the closing dates and deadlines for the programmes you are interested in. Application deadlines can be found on individual programme pages.
For taught postgraduate programmes, we aim to make a decision within 21 calendar days of receiving a completed application.
For research postgraduate programmes, we aim to get in touch with you within five calendar days.
If you have not heard within this time, please log in to the application system to check the progress or you can contact your faculty admissions office.
Feedback on unsuccessful applications
You can ask for feedback on an unsuccessful application; email email@example.com and include your applicant number and the programme title. Read more about our applicant feedback and complaints procedure.
Log in to the online application system to:
- check the progress of your application;
- view your decision once it has been made;
- accept our offer of admission online (if applicable).
Find out about the postgraduate open day, visits to schools or departments, and meeting our staff at events around the world.
It may be possible to defer your date of entry, however some programmes will require a new application. Please contact your faculty admissions office for further information.