These pages are for GP teachers. If you are interested in studying medicine at Bristol, please see details of our MB ChB Medicine course.
The information below is for the 2018-19 Academic Year. For information on Year 3 for the 2019-20 academic year, please see our Year 3 MB21 page.
This is the start of their clinical years and the year is divided into three blocks – Junior Medicine and Surgery, MDEMO (musculoskeletal and emergency medicine, ENT and ophthalmology) and Pathology and Ethics. Students spend half the year in a Bristol Academy and the other half in an outside Academy. In each academy students have 4 half day sessions with a GP teacher. The organisation of teaching dates is academy specific. Students come to General Practice in groups of 4 (occasionally 5) students.
You will be facilitating learning of the following
- Extension and consolidation of history, consultation and examination skills
- How to diagnose, investigate, manage and prescribe
You need to provide feedback during the sessions and individually at the end of the last session with each group.
- Year 3 GP Teachers Guidebook 2018-19 (PDF, 2,803kB)
- Year 3 GP Student Guidebook 2018-19 (PDF, 1,391kB)
- Consultation and Procedural Skills (CAPS) The CAPS log book can be downloaded from this link. This log book lists the skills expected by the GMC in a newly qualified doctor.
- Year 3 Attendance and Payment Form 2018-19 (Office document, 14kB)
- Year 2 and 3 workshop reports Workshop reports can be downloaded from this link
- Attendance Concern Form (Office document, 33kB)
- Student Concern Form (Office document, 61kB)
- Year 3 student feedback form 2018-19 (Office document, 40kB)