These pages are for GP teachers. If you are interested in studying medicine at Bristol, please see details of our MB ChB Medicine course.
This is the start of their clinical years and the year is divided into three blocks – Junior Medicine and Surgery, MDEMO (musculoskeletal and emergency medicine, ENT and ophthalmology) and Pathology and Ethics. Students spend half the year in a Bristol Academy and the other half in an outside Academy. In each academy students have 4 half day sessions with a GP teacher. The organisation of teaching dates is academy specific. Students come to General Practice in groups of 4 (occasionally 5) students. You would be teaching history taking, consulting and examining skills – an extension and consolidation of the teaching in Year 2. In addition, you would teach how to investigate, diagnose, manage conditions and prescribe. You need to provide feedback during the sessions and individually at the end of the last session with each group.
- Year 3 GP Teacher Guidebook 2017-18 (PDF, 3,100kB)
- Year 3 Student Guidebook 2017-18 (PDF, 1,864kB)
- Consultation and Procedural Skills (CAPS) The CAPS log book can be downloaded from this link. This log book lists the skills expected by the GMC in a newly qualified doctor.
- Year 3 Attendance & Payment form SH 2016-17 (PDF, 267kB)
- Year 2 and 3 workshop reports Workshop reports can be downloaded from this link
- Attendance Concern Form (Office document, 33kB)
- Student Concern Form (Office document, 61kB)