These pages are for GP teachers. If you are interested in studying medicine at Bristol, please see details of our MB ChB Medicine course.
Preparing for Professional Practice
Welcome to the Year 5 Primary Care attachment 2018-19. The Primary Care attachment is part of the 12 week course Preparing for Professional Practice (PPP). Students in pairs have a four week attachment to a General Practice.
The students are almost doctors and are being prepared for the world of work by polishing their clinical skills, practising decision making and learning the realities of how the system of healthcare works. We recognise the diversity of ‘what comes through the door’ in general practice and so are no longer asking you to teach to prescribed themes but rather focus on developing the students by asking them to provide care to your patients, both in and out of the consulting room.
Useful links for Year 5 GP Teachers
- Year 5 GP teachers' handbook (PDF, 579kB)
- Year 5 Student workbook 2018-19 (PDF, 646kB)
- Year 5 Attendance & Payments form 2017-18 (PDF, 195kB)
- CCA guidance for assessors (PDF, 232kB)
- CBD form 2018/19 (PDF, 451kB)
- Mini-CEX Form 2018/19 (PDF, 357kB)
- Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire (PDF, 241kB)
- OOH Student Handbook Care UK 2019 (PDF, 656kB)
- OOH Student Handbook Devon Doctors 2019 (PDF, 644kB)
- OOH Guide Medvivo (PDF, 202kB)
Primary Health Care makes a contribution to the Finals examination for Bristol medical students. This involves both core members of academic staff and GP teachers from local practices. We are always keen to hear from GP teachers who would like to be involved.