New national survey on access to health care for street sex workers 25 April 2019 Are health care services accessible to street sex workers and meeting their needs? Help us find out.
- New national survey on access to health care for street sex workers 25 April 2019 Are health care services accessible to street sex workers and meeting their needs? Help us find out.
- OPEN study gets green light to begin recording out-of-hours health care encounters 24 April 2019 New study will explore how communication between patients and out-of-hours practitioners can influence prescribing in cases of common infections.
- New study will examine the impact of digital health tools in primary care 12 April 2019 A new study, DECODE (unexpecteD consEquenCes Of Digital hEalth), is aiming to improve how digital health tools are used in primary care by identifying and understanding their unexpected consequences for patients, GPs and practice staff.
- 'Effective Successful Happy Academic' workshops in qualitative research methods and academic workplace skills 3 April 2019 This two-day international meeting will be held at Engineers’ House in Bristol on 3-4 June. It will be of interest to academics from any discipline and at different stages of their careers. Attendees can register for one or both days.
- Research on shared decision-making in GP consultations wins South West Society for Academic Primary Care 2019 Conference poster prize 3 April 2019 Researchers from the Centre for Academic Primary Care at the University of Bristol have won the best poster prize at this year’s South West Society for Academic Primary Care (SW SAPC) conference in Southampton.
- Launching Fellowship in Primary Health Care 2019 29 March 2019 Applications are invited for a 12-month launching fellowship from individuals with a strong academic record who wish to develop a career in primary care research.
- New Palliative and End of Life Care Research Group 28 March 2019 We are excited to announce that the Palliative and End of Life Care Research Group has been formally recognised by the University of Bristol.
- 7th International Meeting on Conversation Analysis and Clinical Encounters (#CACE2019) 27 March 2019 This three-day international conference will be held at Engineers’ House in Bristol on 8-10 July.
- The Lancet: Call for the relaxation of visa restrictions on doctors wishing to contribute to development of health care in Palestine 21 March 2019 Visa restrictions imposed by the Israeli authorities on doctors in the Palestinian diaspora, and on other international clinical academics wishing to travel to Palestine to share their expertise, are having a serious impact on the further development of Palestinian health care, according to senior medics in a letter published in the Lancet today.
- NIHR Senior Investigator award for Professor Alastair Hay 21 March 2019 Professor Alastair Hay from the University of Bristol’s Centre for Academic Primary Care is one of 46 academics in the UK to be awarded Senior Investigator status by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) in 2019.