Bringing together methodological and practical trials expertise in Bristol
The Bristol Centre for Surgical Research conducts research with staff from a wide range of disciplines and surgical specialities. This includes expertise in trial design, consensus methods, qualitative research, medical statistics, evidence synthesis and surgery itself.
We collaborate with national academic centres, clinical trials units, MRC Trials for Methodology Research Partnerships, NHS Trusts, Surgical Trials Centres and international surgical groups.
Our research tackles key questions of relevance to patients, surgeons and to the NHS. This research also aims to improve the design and conduct of studies. There are 8 main research themes:
- COVID-19 related research
- Randomised controlled trials in surgery
- Outcome measures
- Evidence based and patient centred information for surgery
- Pilot and feasibility studies
- Patient and public involvement
- Surgical quality assurance
- Innovation in surgery