Student Industry Showcase
Our CDT Student Industry Showcase is an annual event for our industry and academic partners to meet our CDT students and to discover the research, placements, and responsible innovation challenges students have engaged in during the previous academic year.
We host over 25 industry and academic partners, and the day offers the opportunity for our industry partners to:
- Meet all our CDT students and discover their individual research projects
- Learn about the outcomes from our students', IRW, Responsible Innovation Challenge and outreach activities
- Discuss current industry cyber security issues
- Contribute to the IRW Challenge set for each new CDT student cohort
- Network with other industry leaders across field of cyber security
This event is also the launch of our annual induction residential week (IRW) for our new incoming cohort. The week enables our new CDT students to get to know members of our wider cyber security community (students, academic staff, PhD supervisors, academic and industry partners). Each year, the IRW Challenge for new CDT students is announced at the Student Industry Showcase, and the challenge/sandpit enables our new students to explore, reflect and deliberate on different disciplinary perspectives of TIPS-at-Scale issues experienced within cyber security community.
During IRW , our new CDT cohort work in separate teams, initially in Bristol and then in Bath, on the IRW Challenge and present their solutions to members of the CDT Leadership Team and College of Supervisors. The week also enables the new CDT students to meet potential PhD supervisors and learn about the many active research projects at both universities associated with the CDT programme, as well as getting to know their academic and peer mentors.