TIPS Taster Session - Diversifying Doctoral Training
Since February 2021, the CDT has hosted five online Taster Events for members of the community who are under-represented in the field of cyber security and/or come from a non-traditional educational route/background and interested in postgraduate research opportunities.
During these online events, attendees explored the world of cyber security research and experienced how CDT research students address these global challenges. For each taster event, our CDT Leadership Team and CDT Students provided a packed programme of presentations and discussions enabling attendees to develop their knowledge and understanding of interdisciplinary research.
These events enabled our attendees to
- experience the world of postgraduate research,
- discover how it engages with the current and future global challenges, and
- learn about postgraduate research opportunities in cyber security.
Our CDT Taster Events offered sessions on
- Perspectives on interdisciplinary cyber security research
- Why cyber security research matters
- Thinking like a researcher
- Framing research questions
- Career opportunities for a PhD student
- Exploring the student experience with current CDT students.
Taster Event Attendees
Number of Registrations = 98
Number of Attendees = 69
|Black or Mixed Black background||35%|
|Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi background||14%|
|Other Asian background||12%|
|Arab or Arab backgound||4%|
|Chinese or Chinese background||4%|
|Other ethnic backgound||4%|
|Age 30 - 55||68%|