The University has been awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark for Care Leavers in higher education. This is awarded in recognition of higher education institutions that provide a high standard of support for students who have been in care. The support we provide includes:
- Working with young people in secondary schools to raise awareness of higher education;
- Email and telephone support from a personal adviser for students who have been offered a place;
- 1:1 and group meetings for new undergraduate students with the same personal adviser;
- A peer mentor from our Student Navigation Network;
- 52-week accommodation contracts in University halls of residence;
- Unite Foundation Scholarship for care leavers starting their first degree, which provides rent free accommodation.
You may be eligible for financial support from our Bursary Scheme.
For more information about the University's support for students from a care experience background, please contact the University’s personal adviser for care leavers, Maria Tottle (email@example.com).