The University has been awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark for Care Leavers in higher education. This is awarded in recognition of higher education institutions that provide a high standard of support for students who have been in care. The support we provide includes:
- Working with young people in secondary schools to raise awareness of higher education;
- Email and telephone support from a personal adviser for students who have been offered a place;
- 1:1 and group meetings for new undergraduate students with the same personal adviser;
- A peer mentor from our Student Navigation Network;
- 52-week accommodation contracts in University halls of residence;
- Unite Foundation Scholarship for care leavers starting their first degree, which includes rent free accommodation and a cash bursary.
You may be eligible for financial support from our Bursary Scheme.
For more information about the University's support for students from a care experience background, please contact the University’s personal adviser for care leavers, Maria Tottle (firstname.lastname@example.org).