Contact us

A wide variety of teams support the different elements of accommodation provision at the University. See the information below for detailed information on where to direct your query to ensure it reaches the right team:   

Still looking for accommodation?

If you still do not have a place to live for this academic year, we have some rooms available that you are able to apply for. Visit our accommodation waiting list page for more information and contact details.  

Report a repair

If something is broken or needs repairing in your residence, you need to report a repair as outlined in your residence guide. This will help us to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Request to move room

The opportunity to request a room transfer will open on 18th October. In the meantime please seek support from Residential Life

Issues accessing the Accommodation Portal

If you are experiencing technical issues with the Accommodation Portal, visit our Accommodation Portal help page for guidance.

Help and support in your residence

Find out who you can go to with questions and for help in and around your Residential Village once you have moved in with us on our where to get help pages. 

Private rented accommodation

The Accommodation Office runs a Housing Advice service, if you would like us to take on your case, please contact

Paying your rent 

Please contact the Student Fees team by email on or by calling +44 (0)117 428 3000 for questions relating to your financial statement or setting up payments for rent. Advisers are available Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 4:30 pm.

If you are behind on your rent payments, you should contact Credit Control on +44 (0)117 455 6023.

Students living in the community

For queries or issues related to students in the community, please email

Complaints or concerns

We hope you will be happy with our service. However, if you have experienced any issues with your accommodation or are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service, details of how you can raise a concern or escalate a complaint can be found on our complaints and concerns page. Please note complaints must be made by students directly.  

Information for parents and carers 

We know it can be frustrating for you as a parent when we are not able to talk to you about a student. Our information for parents page has full details of our policies, including what we can do if you have serious concerns about a students welfare.

All other queries

If your query is not covered by the topics above, please contact us at the Accommodation Office and we will do our best to help you. Please be aware we may need to direct your enquiry to another team. To get in touch, you can email us at call us on +44 (0)117 954 6640. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 12:30pm and from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Please be aware that we may need to direct your enquiry to another team. When contacting us: 

  • Include your student number, to enable us to speed up your enquiry.
  • Our confidentiality policy recognises our students as independent adults. Therefore we would prefer to speak to students directly.
  • If someone else is contacting us on your behalf, such a parent, we will require student consent to discuss anything with them. 


We are committed to treating you with dignity and respect which includes handling any information you provide to us sensitively. We are here to support you and we will do our best to ensure that any issues with your accommodation are passed to the right team for action.

We might not always be able to provide you with the outcome you would like, but we will do our best to find a satisfactory solution. When contacting us, we ask that you treat our staff with the kindness and respect they deserve.  

Edit this page