University of Bristol Bursary
The University of Bristol Bursary is paid to thousands of students every year.
Awards of up to £2,060 are available for every year of your course.
This is not a loan: it is a grant from the University that does not have to be repaid. Payments are made directly into your bank account in two instalments in December and March. You are also eligible for a discounted Active Plus sports pass.
You may also be interested in applying for additional funding.
You are eligible if you:
- are a Home UK undergraduate on a full-time or part-time programme;
- are eligible for and have applied for a means-tested government maintenance loan;
- have a household income of £42,875 or below.
For full eligibility criteria, read the terms and conditions.
You do not need to apply for this bursary. Ensure you have:
- applied for financial support from your regional funding provider, who will assess you for means-tested support;
- provided consent to share your household income.
The University receives your household income information from the Student Loans Company. During the autumn term, we will email you to confirm your bursary entitlement, if applicable.
For further information, read our frequently asked questions.
Although there is no application deadline, you must have claimed your University of Bristol Bursary by the last day of the summer term for each academic year.
The University will assess your entitlement to a bursary based on your household income, and make awards accordingly.