Ordering MLwiN FAQs
- Can I make one extra copy of MLwiN for use at home?
- My MLwiN download does not work
- How much does MLwiN cost?
- Am I entitled to academic discount?
- Is there a special price for students?
- Can I purchase additional copies of MLwiN at a reduced price?
- What are the benefits of a site licence?
- I've already bought a single user license and need more copies for other staff - is it cheaper to buy additional copies or to buy a site licence?
- How do I upgrade my old version of MLwiN to the latest version?
- What are the conditions of purchase for MLwiN?
- I want to try out MLwiN before I buy it - is there an evaluation version?
- What are the system requirements for MLwiN?
- Who can I contact for technical advice before I buy MLwiN?
- How can I order MLwiN?
- What are my payment options?
- Do I have to pay VAT on my MLwiN order?
- How long will it take for me to receive my copy of MLwiN?
- I've lost my manual - can I get another one?
- We are a software resale company and would like to purchase MLwiN for one of our customers - is this possible?
- MLwiN compatibility with Windows version later than 7 and Multi-core/Multi-processor environments
- My question is not answered here - who should I contact?
You can install more than one copy of MLwiN under a single user license, provided that you are the sole user.
- You need to already own any previous version of MLwiN before you can upgrade to the latest version.
- Please check you have administrative rights on your PC! It is a common problem that needs to be checked out as the program will not install unless you have administrative rights, please check with your IT department.
- Please check out you have the correct system requirements. MLwiN is currently only tested on Windows 7 and later.
- Please note you can download the teaching version for free if you only need the program for the learning materials, but all the above installation guide points still need to be followed.
A list of prices is given on the order form.
Academic Discount is applicable if your purchase is for academic use in a university or school or if your organisation is a charity. It is not applicable to government organisations (including local authorities) or individual private purchases.
Students are entitled to the standard academic discount of 40%.
Once you have purchased MLwiN, you are entitled to purchase additional copies at a reduced price. Please see additional single user licence prices on our order form.
You need to state the name of the principal user who originally purchased the software when ordering additional copies.
With a site licence you are licensed to make up to 50 copies of the software. The extension to the site licence allows you to make up to 250 copies within the site. If a person is employed at the site, they can take a copy home provided this is within the number of copies allocated to the site.
I've already bought a single user license and need more copies for other staff - is it cheaper to buy additional copies or to buy a site licence?
The principal user of a single user license is entitled to purchase additional copies at a reduced price. If there are only a few other staff who need copies, it may be best to buy additional copies through the principal user.
If there are a large number of staff requiring copies of MLwiN, it may be best to purchase a site licence to cover up to 50 users.
Please contact email@example.com if you require help in deciding what option would be most cost effective for your organisation.
You can upgrade your old version of MLwiN to the latest version for free by downloading the latest upgrade
Please see our conditions of purchase
You can download a training version of MLwiN for free. Note however that this is based on the older version 2.36.
Please see system requirements
Please go to our technical support
Please see the MLwiN conditions of purchase.
Please see the MLwiN conditions of purchase.
VAT is payable if ordering from the UK.
- How much is VAT? (see current UK rate)
If ordering from another EU country, VAT is payable unless a VAT registration number is supplied with the order. If your organisation is registered for VAT, and we display your VAT number on your invoice, you do not have to pay VAT in the UK on this order. If you do not supply the VAT number, we will have to charge you VAT on your order.
If ordering from a country outside the EU, no VAT is payable.
Please allow 10 working days from receipt of order for delivery.
We no longer offer physical copies of manuals, however you can download the latest manuals for free.
We are a software re-sale company and would like to purchase MLwiN for one of our customers - is this possible?
Sorry, we are unable to accept orders from re-sale companies. We do not deal with re-sale organisations under any circumstances. Customers must order directly from the MLwiN orders department. Please do not attempt to place an order through a re-sale company, as we will be unable to process the order.
MLwiN compatibility with next generation Windows and Windows Server is untested
MLwiN has mostly been tested with Windows 7, although it should work with later versions. If you encounter any problems with these then please let us know.
64 bit windows benefits
Since version 3.00 MLwiN has been available as a 64-bit application. This allows it to make full use of the memory installed on the system, as well as make use of some newer processor instructions.
Multi-core, multi-processor possible benefits
MLwiN has been designed for a single CPU and is single-threaded. In multi-processor environments the most benefit MLwiN would gain would be that it could have one of the CPUs to itself without having to fight with other applications and the operating system. If you run MLwiN via R2MLwiN or Stat-JR then you can take advantage of multiple cores by running parallel MCMC chains.
Redesigning MLwiN to take advantage of multiple processors is a major undertaking, for which we have no immediate plans.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with sales enquiries