How to apply
Thank you for your interest in the Cabot Institute Master's by Research in Global Environmental Challenges at the University of Bristol.
There are three routes of application into the Cabot Masters by Research:
1) apply for a project
2) apply for a challenge area, or
3) propose your own research project.
Options 2 and 3 require a research statement. You should use the research statement to define and situate your research within an academic context. With due regard for the primary audience/readership for postgraduate research (that is, the academic community), you should identify the following: 1) the specific research question you are interested in posing; 2) why you feel this is important; 3) what research has been done in this field to date; 4) what is novel about the research you are proposing; 5) what methods/ approaches you would employ to answer the research question and why you have chosen this method; 6) a plan to outline how you would complete the project within the one year programme; 7) if and how you would plan to disseminate the outcomes of your research.
Please use the template to the right to upload the research statement.
Applicants should contact our Postgraduate Research Coordinator, Joanne Norris, on email@example.com if clarification is required.
You can use the online admissions system to:
- submit all your application details securely online and view your completed application form;
- upload supporting documents;
- request references electronically;
- track the progress of your application;
- receive a decision on your application online;
- update your contact details (it is important you tell us if you change your home address or email);
- receive useful information about the University and your application.
If you are unable to make an online application, please contact the Enquiries team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions policies and procedures
Masters by Research Admissions Statement (PDF, 187kB) provides detailed information on the selection procedures and criteria used for this course. We follow a clear set of policies and procedures when dealing with admissions.
Please read our postgraduate policy documents, which outline the regulations we expect you to adhere to as a student.