Do you want to improve your writing skills? Would you like to learn how to convey complex environmental information into digestible outputs for the public? Why not join our Cabot Communicators group?
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a group of PhDs and early career researchers from across the Cabot space, who are trained to write blogs, record short videos for social media, draft press releases and create content across multiple public platforms including web and print on behalf of the Cabot Institute for the Environment.
What's in it for me?
Being a part of the Cabot Communicators group brings many benefits:
- Gain free training in strategy, writing, video making and social media
- Enhance your CV and professional image
- Get constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Better promote your research and that of your research group
- Meet world-leading environmental academics and individuals
- Establish yourself as an authority in the environmental research communications space.
We currently have the following training booked in for 2019. The training will be run annually so if you miss this training cohort you can attend next year. Please note you need to be a committed member of the Cabot Communicators group in order to receive the training.
Katharine Hayhoe communications roundtable - 17 May 2019
Communications training - half day in October 2019 to include:
- Communications strategy
- Social media
- Video creation
- Drafting a press release
Writers retreat - date tbc
How to apply
If you would like to join the group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application form. We are particularly looking for PhDs and ECRs who conduct environmental research. Free training for the new intake starts May 2019.