Green and Black project helps Bristol's environmental sustainability movement become more diverse 19 April 2018 A new report shares successes and learnings from the pioneering project that aims to achieve a more diverse environmental sustainability community, and in particular address the perceived exclusion of Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
- Green and Black project helps Bristol's environmental sustainability movement become more diverse 19 April 2018 A new report shares successes and learnings from the pioneering project that aims to achieve a more diverse environmental sustainability community, and in particular address the perceived exclusion of Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
- Healthy soil lifts animal weight 17 April 2018 Managing soil by well-designed grazing is key to an animal’s growth and wellbeing shows new research linking soil health, pasture value and sustainable production.
- University of Bristol partners leading Chinese tech companies to host smart city research forum in Beijing 16 April 2018 Word-leading experts from the University of Bristol and the provider of the world's largest mobile network, China Mobile, shared their insights into how 5G and the massive Internet of Things (IoT) will service rapidly expanding cities in China and around the world at a research forum in Beijing on Monday 16 April.
- Bristol hosts international symposium addressing global challenges 11 April 2018 The University of Bristol has welcomed collaborators from around the world to a three-day symposium dedicated to tackling global challenges through research partnerships.
- Even a warming of 2°C will have a significant impact 10 April 2018 Dr Dann Mitchel (Cabot Institute, University of Bristol) has been quoted widely across global media on reports around International efforts focused on halting climate warming at only two levels compared with the pre-industrial revolution, but even at this level, researchers expect the world to witness major changes from rising sea levels and degradation of biodiversity.
- Immersive city festival brings research to life 6 April 2018 Fly a drone, experience night time at a refugee camp and watch a robot race — just some of the exciting activities that members of the public can experience during Research without Borders, the University of Bristol’s free public festival of postgraduate research, which includes a day-long showcase at Colston Hall on 9 May.
- ‘The Paris Agreement goals are still achievable but require immediate action’ 2 April 2018 Ahead of the publication of a major report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 degrees, a ‘themed issue’ consisting of 20 papers has been published.
- Computer game encourages people to be more risk-aware 27 March 2018 How do you encourage people in the midst of an emergency to stay calm and prioritise their safety over their possessions? University of Bristol researchers have devised a game which they believe could help, by encouraging players to be more risk-aware.
- UN praises Bristol initiative to promote safer seas worldwide 27 March 2018 International policy makers, coastguard, navies and shipping companies can now access comprehensive advice and guidance to making the world’s oceans safe from piracy and smuggling.
- Forum to address future world water challenges 22 March 2018 A major forum focused on the future of innovation, ecosystems and resilience for water security has been announced today on World Water Day.