What to bring and what is provided
Make sure you have everything you need for your new home in Bristol. Some items are provided in your room and communal area so you won't need to bring these with you.
What to bring with you
- Bedroom and bathroom
- bedding (duvet, duvet cover, pillows, pillowcases and sheets). Bedding can be pre-ordered online up to 10 days before you arrive
- bath mat (for en suite accommodation)
- laundry bag
- clothes hangers
- mains extension leads can be used, so long as the load on the extension is no more than 13 amps. Only one lead can be used per socket
- plates and bowls
- mugs and glasses
- saucepans/frying pan
- bottle/can opener
- kitchen equipment can be pre-ordered online up to 10 days before you arrive
- cleaning products, including washing-up liquid, sponges, cloths and tea towels
- TV licence
If you wait until you arrive to buy general cleaning equipment or shared kitchen items, you can split the cost with your housemates. If you wait to see what they bring it will also avoid you ending up with too many of the same item.
What is provided for you
- Bed, mattress and mattress cover
- Desk, chair and lamp
- Kitchen/pantry - all residences
- Microwave or small cooker
- Kitchen/pantry - self-catered residences only
- Dining table and chairs
- Storage cupboards
An iron and ironing board is provided in self-catered residences apart from New Bridewell. Irons are available from reception in The Courtrooms.
What not to bring
The following items are not allowed in bedrooms:
- cooking equipment
- flammable materials, such as curtains, wall hangings or foam-filled furniture
- fireworks, candles, tea lights, lanterns, incense or any similar item
- multi-socket adaptors
You should not bring a car to Bristol unless it is essential, for example because of a disability. Find out more about cars and parking permits.