Find a dentist, optician or pharmacy
- Once you have registered with a doctor's surgery, you can register with a dental practice.
- NHS dental treatment is not completely free except for children and you will have to pay depending on what treatment you require.
- There are NHS and private dentists in Bristol.
- Dental treatment can be expensive, so check costs in advance.You can read more about NHS dental charges here
- If you have a dental emergency, call 111 for advice or ask your dentist for an emergency appointment.
- Opticians will test your sight and examine the health of your eyes.
- Eye tests cost around £20-30
- They can recommend glasses or contact lenses if needed.
- Opticians are also trained to recognise abnormalities and diseases that are revealed in the eye, such as diabetes and glaucoma.
- Local opticians
Get medical advice and prescriptions for common medical problems from a pharmacist without needing to see a doctor or nurse
- Pharmacists can help with common problems like emergency contraception (‘the morning after pill’), sore throats, colds and flu, hayfever and allergies
- Pharmacists can help you decide if you need to see a doctor and give you advice about how you can look after yourself.
- You can talk to your pharmacist in confidence - even about personal symptoms - and you don’t need to make an appointment
- Visit Pharmacy First for more information
- Pharmacies close to campus include Cotham Pharmacy and Boots.