These pages are for GP teachers. If you are interested in studying medicine at Bristol, please see details of our MB ChB Medicine course.
Welcome to Year 4. It covers the lifecycle from conception to dying and includes reproductive health and care of the newborn, child health, mental health and complex medicine for older people.
Primary Care is a longitudinal integrated clerkship seeded through the secondary care clerkships. Students will attend two different GP Practices during the academic year. They will be in Practice every Wednesday for 18 weeks (for each GP Practice). This will enable you to follow your students’ progress over a longer period and students will benefit from continuity of tutor, patients and place, which is beneficial for learning and professional development.
To help students along their journey of becoming doctors, we would like you to involve them with all aspects of patient care including consultations, authentic tasks, quality and safety improvements, community staff and more. Our aim is for students to become embedded in your team and for you to miss them when they leave.
GP Teacher Information
- GP4 Brief Guide v20 (PDF, 3,004kB)
- Essential student pre-Year 4 tasks and practice questionnaire (PDF, 80kB)
- Welcome slide for collaborate room (PDF, 275kB)
- Year 4 GP placement Quick Reference Guide 2020-21 (PDF, 561kB)
- Case Based Learning (PDF, 90kB)
- Effective Consulting (PDF, 268kB)
- Year 4 - Workshop 4 slides (PDF, 1,661kB)
- Year 4 - List of Skills and Activities (PDF, 126kB)
- Kiss and Task Template (Office document, 15kB)
- Year 4 - Information for GP Practice Staff and Allied Professionals (PDF, 359kB)
- Year 4 - Clinical Diary 2020-21 (PDF, 453kB)
- Patient feedback form 2020-21 (PDF, 175kB)
- GP4-PCC handover form based on clinical diary essential task list (PDF, 152kB)
Student Concern For more information on student wellbeing, see our Student Wellbeing page
Mid and Endpoint Review Information
Other useful links
- See our Prizes and electives page for information about bursaries and prizes your student can apply for. There is also a year 4 GP teacher prize.
- Year 4 workshop reports are here.