Tom Croft receives IOP Superconductivity Group Thesis Prize 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- Come and meet the students and team behind the MSc Nanoscience and Functional Nanomaterials - 11 March 2020 21 January 2020
- BCFN student, Dr Laura Fox publishes in Acta Biomaterialia 21 January 2020
- XMM-Newton uses light echoes to map dynamic black hole 21 January 2020 Material falling into a black hole throws X-rays out into space – and now, for the first time, the European Space Agency’s (ESA) XMM-Newton X-ray observatory has used the reverberating echoes of this light to map the dynamic behaviour and surroundings of a black hole itself.
- Nuclear waste could be recycled for diamond battery power 14 January 2020 Work has begun at Berkeley power station in Gloucestershire to remove radioactive waste products from the site as part of its decommissioning programme. To try and reduce the time and cost of this operation, a team of physicists and chemists from the University of Bristol hope to recycle material from the irradiated graphite to generate ultra long-lasting power sources.
- Frontiers in Condensed Matter Physics conference 12 January 2020
- Professor Martin Kuball Elevated to Fellow of the IEEE 28 November 2019 Professor Martin Kuball, Director of the Centre for Device Thermography and Reliability (CDTR), has been elected as Fellow of the world’s largest and most prestigious professional association for the advancement of technology, the IEEE.
- Viewing the transit of Mercury from Bristol 15 November 2019 Members of the Astrophysics group braved the cold to view the transit of Mercury across the Sun on 11th November. These transits occur when a celestial body passes between the Earth and the Sun, and the object's silhouette is visible against the disk of the Sun.
- Vice-Chancellor's Fellow in Data-Intensive Astrophysics 8 November 2019
- University of Bristol wins significant funding for three new National Nuclear User Facilities 7 November 2019 The Interface Analysis Centre has led successful bids for three National Nuclear User Facility bids covering robotics, microscopy and materials research.
- Postgraduate Open Day 29 October 2019 Our next Postgraduate open day is on Wednesday 20 November from 1 pm to 5.30 pm. Book your place today and join us to find out more about postgraduate life at Bristol.