QET Labs PhD student Hao-Cheng Weng has been honoured the Hon Hai Technology Award for 2023 6 December 2023 Hao-Cheng received the award for his research on heterogeneous integration of solid-state quantum systems with a foundry photonics platform.
- QET Labs PhD student Hao-Cheng Weng has been honoured the Hon Hai Technology Award for 2023 6 December 2023 Hao-Cheng received the award for his research on heterogeneous integration of solid-state quantum systems with a foundry photonics platform.
- QET Labs Associate Professor Krishna Balram lands prestigious European Research Council grant 23 November 2023 Dr Balram has been awarded a prestigious European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grants to continue his pioneering research.
- Pioneering robot poised to reach new heights in quantum 17 November 2023 Researchers carrying out quantum research will be able to do so faster and more adaptably, thanks to a new robotic arm developed by team in QET Labs which could hold the key to major breakthroughs.
- QET Labs attends the National Quantum Showcase 2023 3 November 2023 QET Labs exhibit at this year's UK National Quantum Technologies Showcase 2023
- QET Labs welcomes students to ninth annual Quantum in the Summer school 7 August 2023 This year's free Quantum In The Summer school took place 31 July - 4 August, welcoming 18 A-level students from across the UK.
- QET Labs and the Quantum Engineering CDT hold an International Summer School in Integrated Quantum Photonics 27 July 2023 QET Labs and the QE-CDT welcomed PhD students based in USA, Canada and the UK to the International Summer School in Integrated Quantum Photonics (ISSIQP) from 19-26 July 2023
- QET Labs return to Bluedot Festival! 24 July 2023 From 20-23 July, twelve QET Labs and QE-CDT staff and students once again headed to the Bluedot Festival, held at the Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire, for four days of music and science.
- UoB and QET Labs Research Associate Giulia Rubino lands prestigious fellowship 31 May 2023 Bristol Physicist Dr Giulia Rubino has been awarded the esteemed Royal Commission 1851 Research Fellowship.
- QET Labs celebrates ten years of annual workshop BQIT 28 April 2023 From 24-27 April 2023, QET Labs welcomed 250 colleagues to the tenth anniversary of our annual BQIT (Bristol Quantum Information Technologies) workshop. 56 posters were presented, along with 44 speakers and panelists giving talks across a wide range of quantum tech.
- New quantum sensing method holds promise for improving greenhouse gas detection 4 April 2023 Quantum Engineering CDT student Alex Belsley publishes new paper in PRL, showcasing an innovative technique to detect and characterise molecules with greater precision has been proposed, paving the way for significant advances in environmental monitoring, medical diagnostics, and industrial processes.