We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Bristol for the next academic year. There are a number of tasks you need to complete before the start of term, including registering online and arranging payment of your tuition fees, if appropriate. Please read this page carefully and follow the instructions. Your school or faculty will contact you with information about events for returning students taking place during Welcome Week from Monday 19 to Friday 23 September.
As a returning student, you are required to re-register online for each year of your programme of study, even if you are due to spend all or part of the year overseas or on a placement away from Bristol.
To re-register online, log into Student Info and select the 'online registration' tab. If you have any problems, first check the online help facility. If you are still unable to resolve the problem, select the 'Contact your faculty' button. Student Info is also available via the MyBristol portal.
If you have any queries regarding your registration, please contact the relevant faculty.
The Student Info screens are available all year and you should make sure that you keep your own contact details and your emergency contact details up to date at all times. This is particularly important if you are studying away from Bristol (eg on a placement or on a year abroad).
Please make sure you re-register on time. If you are unable to re-register this may result in your access to University facilities and buildings being stopped. There may also be financial consequences affecting funding, scholarships, loans from the Student Loans Company, and exemption from Council Tax.
|Student group||Online registration opens||Online registration closes|
|BDS students starting Year 3, 4 or 5||Wednesday 24 August||Monday 5 September|
|MB ChB students starting Year 3, 4 or 5||Wednesday 24 August||Monday 5 September|
|All other undergraduate students||Thursday 1 September||Friday 23 September|
|All postgraduate students (excluding those at the writing-up stage of their programme and those whose dissertation/project is due to be submitted in September 2016)||Thursday 1 September||Friday 23 September|
- Students with tuition fee debt to the University on 31 July 2016 will not be able to re-register until this debt has been settled or specific arrangements have been agreed with the Credit Control Manager for the settlement of the debt.
- Students who have been given permission to suspend their studies for the entire 2016/17 session do not need to re-register.
- Undergraduate students taking resit examinations or supplementary assessments will not be able to re-register until their results have been deemed satisfactory by the Board of Examiners/Progress Committee and they have been given permission to progress to the next year of study.
- Postgraduate research students at the writing-up stage of their programme and students on taught Masters programmes who have completed the taught part of their programme and are due to submit their dissertation or project in September 2016 do not need to re-register for 2016/17. Instead they will be asked later on to ensure that all their details are up-to-date on Student Info, in preparation for examination and graduation arrangements.
Payment of tuition fees
Tuition fees are due on the first day of each year of your programme of study. If you wish to use the online payments facility to make a single payment or set up recurring payments you will need to set up your payment plan by Friday 14 October 2016 if paying via direct debit and Friday 21 October 2016 if you are paying via recurring card payment. You will not be able to set up a payment plan until you have registered and your invoice is available on your portal. Once you have re-registered online, you will need to wait for the next working day before you can make a payment or set up your payment plan.
If you set up an online payment instruction last year and wish to continue paying by this method you must set up another instruction for this academic session. Due to possible changes in circumstances and tuition fee funding, payment instructions can only be authorised by a payee one year at a time.
Please follow the instructions below that are appropriate to your particular circumstances:
Are your fees being paid for you?
|Organisation paying fees||Action|
|Student Loans Company||If you are taking out a full tuition fee loan, your fees will be paid direct to the University by the Student Loans Company, so no action is necessary.|
|NHS||You will need to send a copy of your Notification of Award letter to the Income Office straight away so that they can send an invoice to the NHS. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are on your elective when the award letter reaches you, please provide a copy as soon as possible on your return to Bristol.|
|An external sponsor such as a government department, charity or company||You will need to submit a completed tuition fee sponsorship form (PDF, 35kB) or provide the Income Office with a copy of your sponsorship confirmation document before the start of term. This can be emailed to email@example.com.|
|UK Research Council||Your fees will be paid direct to the University by the Research Council, so no action is necessary.|
|University Postgraduate Scholarship, special departmental funding or similar||If you have received written confirmation of funding from the Student Funding Office then you need do nothing. The Student Funding Office will liaise with the Income Office regarding payment of your fees.|
Are you responsible for paying some or all of your fees yourself?
Due date: payment should be made by 24 October 2016, unless you choose to pay your fees, by Direct Debit or credit/ debit card, in two equal instalments (due on 24 October 2016 and 24 January 2017).
Payment methods: you will need to either:
- set up a payment plan by Friday 14 October from the Fees and Funding channel on your MyBristol portal - please note that you will not be able to set up a payment plan until you have registered and your invoice is available on your portal. Once you have registered online, you will need to wait for the next working day before you can set up your payment plan.
- pay using another method of payment.
Please see the tuition fees pages for more information about fees and funding.
If you have any queries regarding fee payment, please contact the Income Office on +44 (0)117 954 6372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.