Learn how the University of Bristol supports international students, including academic, personal and practical support.
- During your course you will meet regularly with your personal tutor or supervisor, who can provide pastoral and academic advice and direct you to specialist services.
- The Study Skills service provides online interactive resources, one-to-one tutorials, peer support and small-group workshops to help you get used to studying in the UK.
- The Centre for Academic Language and Development offers subject-specific courses to develop your academic language and literacy.
- The Careers Service offers advice tailored to international students, and can support you throughout your degree and for up to 3 years after graduation.
Health and wellbeing
- Most international students can access medical care through the National Health Service (NHS).
- We offer a range of University-managed healthcare services including a full NHS doctor's practice. Through our free, confidential Wellbeing Access service, you can access:
- specialist support such as online peer-support resources
- the Student Counselling Service
- Nilaari, which offers culturally appropriate counselling for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic students.
- The Residential Life Service provides expert help, support and advice for those living in University accommodation.
- Disability Services provides advice and study support for:
- ongoing health conditions
- mental health difficulties
- specific learning difficulties
- autism spectrum conditions
- sensory impairments.
- When you arrive in the UK, you'll be met by friendly student ambassadors at main airports and stations.
- You can connect with other new students and get all your questions answered at our International Welcome Lounge, and join our programme of welcome events and activities.
- Our dedicated Student Visa Services team can help with any visa queries, both before you arrive and throughout your studies.
- Bristol Students' Union offers impartial, confidential advice and support, as well as a dedicated International Students' Officer who represents the interests of overseas students.
Join a community
- The Global Lounge is a cultural hub that organises free social events, cultural celebrations, and a regular Language Café. It's a place for international and UK students to connect, share experiences and make new friends.
- You can join one of our many country-based societies or religious societies to share your culture and meet like-minded friends.
- The Multifaith Chaplaincy offers confidential pastoral and spiritual support, religious information and advice, regular events, a dedicated International Student Chaplain, and a welcoming space for students of all faiths and none. We can also help you find a place to worship on campus or in the city.
Find a support service
Our current students page has more information about the range of support available to international students.
Sign up for our email updates to receive exclusive information and download our International Guide.