Download the International Foundation Programme IFP application form (Office document, 89kB).
Please make sure you read the instructions very carefully. You will need to complete the form, either electronically or by hand. Then send the form, with the accompanying documents, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You send your application to us at CELFS, we will contact you by email to acknowledge receipt of your application.
2. Your application will be processed, and as soon as a decision has been made, we will email you. This normally takes approximately 14 days.
3. If your application is successful, we will email you an Offer Letter and two Offer Forms.
4. If you want to accept your offer, you must sign the Acceptance Form, and return it to us by email.
5. You must meet all of the offer conditions stated on your Offer Form. These conditions will be based on scores in IELTS or academic qualifications.
6. When you have met all of your Academic and English Language offer conditions, and provided all of the certificates we need to see, we will ask you to pay a deposit of GBP1,000. (If you are sponsored by a Government Body or Insitituition, you will need to provide a Sponsorship Letter).
7. CAS numbers will be produced for applicants that have met all offer conditions and paid the deposit, not more than 6 months before the start of the course.
We will contact you by email. We will email you (using the personal email address you provide on the application form), and your agent (if you provide an agency email address on your application form). If you change your email address, you must inform us so we can keep our records up to date.
We will stay in touch with you throughout the application cycle, and send you lots more specific information on accommodation, arrival and expectations to make sure that you are well prepared when you arrive here in Bristol.
In the meantime, have a look at how other international students have got on in Bristol by checking out our International student experiences, or take a look at some suggestions of things to do while you are here.
Supporting documents include:
You can submit an application without these documents. However, it will be must quicker for the CELFS team to process your application if you can provide these documents at the time of application. If any of these documents are missing, we will ask you for them. Either by email. Or in the form of offer conditions, if we give you an offer to study.
Offer conditions are documents you must provide before you can take your place on the International Foundation Programme.
The deadline for applications for the September intake is 1 July. You must have provided your application form and any available supporting documents by this date.
The deadline for meeting offer conditions for the September intake is 31 July. You must have provided all documents and paid the GBP1,000 deposit by this date.
Although most students at the University of Bristol are over the age of 18, we welcome younger applicants who have the aptitude to thrive here. You will find more information about what to do if you will be under 18 years old when you start on this website. Parents or guardians must accept that the University cannot assume parental responsibility for students under 18. We therefore ask parents to complete the CELFS Under18Form (Office document, 50kB) and return it to the Centre before the first day of the IFP.