Find out if you are eligible for our accommodation guarantee and what it means if you do not meet these terms.
The University of Bristol is not able to offer accommodation to all incoming students. We have an accommodation guarantee in place to define which students are eligible for a guaranteed offer of accommodation.
Our accommodation guarantee
We guarantee an offer of University-allocated accommodation to students who apply for accommodation by 30 June 2022 and are one of the following;
- undergraduate student in first year of study,
- postgraduate student in first year of study who will be paying fees at the overseas rate,
Study Abroad exchange students from institutions outside Europe arriving in September,
- Study abroad non-exchange students from institutions anywhere in the world arriving in September,
- International Foundation Programme student,
- intercalators joining an undergraduate course,
- intercalators joining a postgraduate course (paying tuition fees at the overseas rate),
- Aerosol Science PhD student.
AND who meet all of the following terms:
- apply for accommodation by the guarantee deadline of 30 June 2022,
- are a new full-time student, coming to study at Bristol for the first time,
- firmly accept your offer of study and put Bristol as your first choice,
- start your studies at the University by 1 November 2022,
- are unaccompanied (this means you are coming without dependent family members, spouses or partners).
Please note that in order to fulfil our guarantee we may offer you a room that is not in our advertised residences.
If you don't meet these terms:
If you do not meet the terms of the guarantee you are a non-guaranteed applicant. This includes students for whom any of the following apply:
- miss the guarantee deadline (30 June 2022),
- have not firmly accepted their offer of study at Bristol by 30 June 2022,
- are Clearing or insurance applicants,
- are postgraduates paying fees at the home rate,
- are intercalators joining a postgraduate course (and paying fees tuition fees at the home rate),
- are Study Abroad exchange students from institutions within Europe,
- are Study Abroad exchange students from institutions outside Europe arriving in January,
- are Study Abroad non-exchange students from institutions anywhere in the world arriving in January,
- are coming to Bristol with a family or dependants,
- have previously studied at the University of Bristol, for any length of time either online or in person (if this applies to you, you will only be eligible to apply in our returner application and not the main round of applications),
- have previously moved into University-allocated accommodation, for any length of time (if this applies to you, for example because you suspended your studies, you will only be eligible to apply in our returner application and not the main round of applications).
Non-guaranteed applicants can apply for any remaining spaces in residences in our second round of applications, which will open in August, subject to availability. See the key dates page for details. You should look for accommodation in the private sector as a priority.