How to apply
To apply for a pre-sessional course, when you accept your offer of postgraduate study through the University of Bristol's Apply Yourself system (AY), you will need to tick the box labelled 'pre-sessional course'.
When applying for your pre-sessional course, please ensure you upload your most recent UKVI IELTS certificate and a colour scan of your passport to the Apply Yourself system.
Postgraduate applications sent by email will not be accepted.
Once you have applied, our staff will update the online application system and process your pre-sessional application. They will contact you about your application by email.
If you have already accepted your offer but did not tick the box labelled 'pre-sessional course', please email email@example.com and include your full name, student number, the course you wish to study, your AY number and how you will fund the course.
Once you have an undergraduate offer from the University of Bristol, please complete the online application form: Undergraduate Pre-Sessional Application Form (PDF, 140kB)Pre-sessional undergraduate application form 2019 (PDF, 113kB).
After you have done this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your completed application form
- A colour copy of your passport
- A copy of your IELTS certificate
- A copy of your UCAS emails or offer documents from the University of Bristol.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
If you have any questions about your offer conditions, you must contact your department. They will advise you on what you need to do to meet the entry requirements for your degree course.
What happens next
Once you have paid your deposit, your offer for the pre-sessional course will become unconditional. This means that you cannot change which pre-sessional course you have applied for. Please only pay the deposit if you are certain you have applied for the correct course.
- If you meet our entry requirements and we have space on the course, we will offer you a place. We aim to email you our decision within 21 days. There are only 1,500 places available across our pre-sessional courses, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- You must pay a £300 deposit to secure your place. After this is paid, you cannot transfer between courses. If you are retaking your IELTS, please provide the new certificate before you pay your deposit. We will not accept a new IELTS certificate after you have paid the deposit. Please note, we cannot combine IELTS certificates.
- Once you have paid your deposit, we will send you an unconditional offer email and ask you to provide a scanned copy of your passport.
- Once you have provided a scanned copy of your passport, we will issue a Certificate of Acceptance to Study (CAS). We can do this up to three months before your course starts.
Ask a question
Online: ask a question
Phone: +44 (0)117 331 8522
Fees and funding
Get full details of course costs and other expenses.
Our pre-sessional admissions statement 2019 (PDF, 69kB) contains important information about the admissions process.