Nominations Committee of the Board
The Nominations Committee advises the Board of Trustees on matters concerning the membership of the Board and Board Committees.
On this page
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Nominations Committee is one of the committees of the Board of Trustees.
- the recruitment process for trustees and appointment to certain Board and Board Committee roles
- the appointment of certain members and officers of the Court.
For full details of the Nominations Committee's responsibilities, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix D.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Nominations Committee has up to 6 members.
- Mr Jack Boyer, Chair of the Board of Trustees (Chair)
- Mr Mohammed Saddiq, Deputy-Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Professor Andrew Carr, Independent Trustee
- Dr Andreas Raffel, Independent Trustee
- Dr Hazel Phillips, Member of Court
- Professor Raman Bedi, Member of Court
If we identify a skill gap in the committee, we will recruit members with this expertise. These individuals usually do not work for the University and will take the role of 'Additional Member'. The committee can appoint up to 2 additional members, who are not members of the Board of Trustees.
The following staff may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Registrar and University Secretary
- Head of Governance and Executive Support
They do not have authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Helen Cole
- +44 (0)117 42 83171
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2021/22
- Wednesday 29 September 2021, 2pm
(Paper deadline 15 September 2022)
- Wednesday 9 February 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 26 January 2022)
- Wednesday 6 April 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 23 March 2022)
- Wednesday 15 June 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 26 May 2022)
Download minutes from previous Nominations Committee meetings.
Minutes from this year will be added as they become available.
- Minutes, 10 June 2021 (TO FOLLOW)
- Minutes, April 2021 (TO FOLLOW)
- Minutes, 10 February 2021 (TO FOLLOW)
- Minutes, 5 January 2021 (TO FOLLOW)
- Minutes, 30 September 2020 (TO FOLLOW)
Prior to June 2019 the Membership Appointment and Governance Group (MAGG) managed matters relating to the membership of the board and its committees. This group was a joint Committee of the Board of Trustees and Senate.