Find out about who is on the Board of Trustees, and the latest diversity monitoring results.
The Board is made up of several elected members:
- Independent Trustees including;
- up to sixteen Independent Trustees (including the Chair, Deputy Chair and Treasurer) who are nominated by the Nominations Committee
- one Independent Trustee nominated by the Alumni Association
- two Academic Trustees
- two Professional Services Trustees
- two Student Trustees.
The University's Vice-Chancellor and President and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost are also members of the Board for the duration of their time in their respective roles.
Full details of the composition of the Board of Trustees are set out in Statute 1.
The Univeristy may host up to one Board apprentice who attends meetings.
Information based on August 2022 diversity monitoring, in which 100% of Board members participated.
- 25 and under: 4.8%
- 26 to 35: 0%
- 36 to 45: 14.3%
- 46 to 55: 33.3%
- 56 to 65: 33.3%
- 66 and over: 9.5%
- Preferred not to say: 4.8%
- Known to have a disability: 14.3%
- No known disability: 85.7%
- Asian: 14.3%
- Black: 9.5%
- Mixed Race: 4.8%
- White: 71.4%
- Woman: 42.9%
- Man: 47.6%
- Non-binary: 9.5%
- UK: 90.4%
- European Union: 4.8%
- Non-European Union: 4.8%