Honorary Degrees Committee
On this page
Terms of reference
For more details about the Honorary Degrees Committee's full responsibilities and function, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix E.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Honorary Degrees Committee has up to 20 members.
- Professor Hugh Brady, Vice-Chancellor and President
- Mr Jack Boyer, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Independent Trustee (appointment in progress)
- Sir Paul Nurse, Chancellor
- Dr Jackie Cornish, Pro-Chancellor
- Dr Andrew Sheng, Pro-Chancellor
- Mr Alex Wilmot-Sitwell, Pro-Chancellor
- Professor Judith Squires, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- Professor Tansy Jessop, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education
- Dr Erik Lithander, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Global Engagement
- Professor John Iredale, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Health and Life Sciences
- Professor Phil Taylor, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research and Enterprise
- Professor Sarah Purdy, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience
- Professor Karla Pollmann, Dean of Arts
- Professor Ian Bond, Dean of Engineering
- Professor Jane Norman, Dean of Health Sciences
- Professor Jeremy Tavare, Dean of Life Sciences
- Professor Jens Marklof, Dean of Science
- Professor Simon Tormey, Dean of Social Sciences and Law
- Lucinda Parr, Registrar and University Secretary
The following individuals may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Director of DARO
- Director of External Relations
They do not have the authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Helen Cole
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 42 83171
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2021/22
- Tuesday 8 March 2022, 10am
(Paper deadline 22 February 2022)