How to apply
Applications for the Sutton Trust Summer School can be made online.
Applicants must be in Year 12 in England or Wales, Year 13 in Northern Ireland, or S5 in Scotland and attend, and have always attended, a state-funded school or college (non-fee paying) in the UK.
We are looking for applicants who meet all or more of our key criteria and will give priority to those who:
- Would be in the first generation of their family to attend university
- Have been eligible for free school meals
- Attend a school or college with a below-average A-level or Higher point score and/or a low rate of progression to higher education
- Are under the age of 18 at the time of the Summer School
- Live in a neighbourhood with a low rate of progression to higher education and/or a high level of socio-economic deprivation
- Have achieved at least five A or 6 grades at GCSE, or five A or B passes at National 5, and where applicable, taken subjects relevant to the course applied for
Where a stream is oversubscribed and two applicants meet an equal number of the criteria listed above, we will look at the applicants’ GCSE attainment and suitability for the subject.