Students' Health Service

We are the first point of contact for registered students and their dependents for medical treatment.

Contact us

Find out how to contact us, when we are open and where we are located. 

What we do

We offer full NHS General Practice (GP) services to all students and dependents who live in the catchment area and register with us.  We have a multidisciplinary team including doctors, nurses and pharmacists. 

How we can help

We can treat most illnesses and other medical problems, or we can refer you to a specialist if needed.

We run a range of health services and clinics covering both physical and mental health. These include:

  • contraception and sexual health
  • vaccination and travel advice
  • asthma, diabetes and coeliac clinics.

We can also provide medical letters and certificates or support extenuating circumstances for illnesses.

Things we can't help with

We can only offer our services to students and their dependents in the catchment area. If you are not in this area, you will need to find your local doctor (GP).

We are not able to directly offer counselling services, but we can signpost you to other NHS counselling services if needed.

We cannot directly liaise with parents, Residential life, Student Wellbeing Services or support in academic schools or other university departments or services unless you have given your explicit consent directly to us. This is due to patient confidentiality.

We are a doctor's (GP) surgery and therefore may not be the most appropriate support for non-medical issues.

You can use NHS choices for self-care information, local pharmacies details and treatments for common medical conditions such as colds, sore throats, hay fever or thrush.

Use the Students' Health Service

If you think you need different wellbeing support

If you don't think this is the right support for you, find out where else you can get help

Edit this page