How to settle in over your first few days and weeks at Bristol.
When you first arrive
- You must register to start your studies and attend Document Checks if you have been asked to do so.
- Each University residence has its own guide which tells you how to collect your keys if you arrive late. Select your residence from the list to get your guide.
- If you still need to find somewhere to live, we have advice about finding privately rented accommodation.
- Find out how to connect to the wifi network and other computer systems.
- Once you know the address of your accommodation, you can register with a local doctor.
- Download the Student Health app for iOS or the Student Health app on Android for reliable and relevant health care advice wherever you are.
- If you have a disability including mental health issues or learning difficulties, contact Disability Services as soon as possible.
- If you would like to talk to a current student before you arrive and during your first few months here at Bristol, peer mentoring is available for any first year undergraduate.
- Find out if you're able to take open units and how to select them.
- Find out how to get around Bristol.
- Take our virtual tour to learn more about our buildings.
- Home or EU sponsored students complete and submit tuition fee sponsorship form (PDF, 35kB).
- International sponsored students send your sponsor letter to email@example.com.
- Study Abroad or Erasmus sponsored students refer to your offer letter or contact the Global Opportunities team.
- Find out about our services for students.
- Understand how our health and wellbeing services work.
- Find out what academic support there is.
- Discover which clubs, societies and student networks you can join.
- Become a global citizen with the global lounge.
- Buy an activity pass to access our sports facilities.
- Look around our libraries to find where you can both study and relax.
Download your Welcome Guide
Everything you need to know and do for Welcome Week and beyond.
Make friends with other new students.
We can help you find the right information and support if you are unsure where to go for help.