Request a repair

When you're living in University accommodation, maintenance will be needed from time to time due to wear and tear and accidental damage.

If something is broken or needs repairing in your residence, you need to let us know as soon as possible. If you don't tell us about something you have damaged, it will be picked up at the end of your tenancy and you may be charged for the repair.

If you request a repair, we will deem that notice has been given for staff or contractors to get access to your room or residence. Maintenance staff will always carry identification and you should ask to see it.

How to request a repair

The way to report your repairs will vary depending on which type of property you live in. If the property is owned by the University, you can report all repairs and issues through the Accommodation Portal. For our partnership properties, maintenance and repairs are carried out by the partnership provider.

Either way, the most important thing is to request a repair as described in your residence guide. This will help us to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Select your residence from the list below for instructions.

Edit this page