Impact and engagement
Our research carried out in the School for Policy Studies makes an enormous impact on policies and practice to improve people's lives. The impact is often on those who are most vulnerable in society across a range of countries. You can explore some recent examples of how our research has made a difference.
Find out more about our research at the School for Policy Studies by reading our impact case studies.
Impact on film
Watch our research impact videos.
From the blog
- Time to think and write - Reflections on research leave
- Working with Children who have Experienced Neglect
- Undergraduate research findings on rough sex, consent and sexual scripts
EDI in research series:
Read our most recent policy briefings and reports, which clearly highlight the implications on policy of our research at the School for Policy Studies.
The need to improve understanding of migration data is now acknowledged as being key to informing policy and encouraging balanced debate.
In the press
Why care workers are feeling less valued and leaving the sector after the pandemic
Eleanor Johnson, The Conversation
Violence and mental health are likely to get worse in a warming world
Mary Zhang, The Conversation
Oscar Berglund on climate change, activism and disruptive protests:
- ‘Disruptive protests don’t win friends. But they work’ (The Bristol Cable)
- He also discussed the issue on BBC News 24 (clip 1 and clip 2), Bloomberg's Westminster podcast, GB News FOLLOW LINK FOR CLIP.
- Insulate Britain: blocking roads will alienate some people – but it’s still likely to be effective (The Conversation)