Missed your offer: what next?
Find out what to do after you've received your updated exam results and you meet the terms of your offer.
If you are happy with the place you currently have confirmed, or if you’ve decided not to go to university this year, you do not need to do anything.
If your revised grades do not meet the terms of your original offer, we will not be able to offer you a place. You should have received an email to confirm our decision.
If we were your insurance choice university and you meet the terms of your firm offer, we will not be able to offer you a place.
For information or if you’d like to talk to someone, call us on +44 (0)117 394 1649.
If we can't offer you a place
If our final decision is that you are unsuccessful, we cannot review it unless there has been a genuine mistake.
If you meet or exceed the conditions of your insurance offer, you should speak to your insurance university.
If you do not have a confirmed place at either your firm or insurance choice you will be able to enter Clearing. We do not have any vacancies through Clearing at Bristol, but check if other universities do via UCAS.
You can reapply for 2021 and this will be treated as a fresh application. Check whether re-sits are accepted on the admissions statement.
Appealing against your results
Find out how to appeal against your results or request a re-grade. You can appeal against your centre assessed grades (CAGs).
Direct entry applicants
If you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us, please email the applicable contact:
- International Foundation Programme (Arts and Humanities; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; and Social Sciences and Law) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foundation in Arts and Humanities Email: email@example.com
- BA English Literature and Community Engagement Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childhood Studies (part time) Email: email@example.com
- Criminology (part time) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Enquiries team
Monday to Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
Studying during the coronavirus pandemic
Considering taking a place at Bristol, but not sure what to expect?