Recently been made an offer or about to start studying Religion and Theology at Bristol? This page has lots of useful information to help you as you make your higher education choices and to get off to a flying start!
Helpful Material on Transitioning to University
Guide to our Year 1 curriculum via our online Programmes Catalogue: link here (see also ‘Programmes available in the Department of Religion and Theology’ in the ‘Related Links’ section)
‘What constitutes good presentation and structure in an essay?’ by Rupert Gethin
Department of Religion and Theology Twitter Page: @BristolReligion
Staff from the Department speak about ‘Why Religion Matters’
Teaching Year 1 Units (Mandatory units – also see here for our year one optional units)
- Professor Gavin D’Costa: The Theology of Religions: Professor Gavin D’Costa talks about his background, development and current thought, via YouTube
- Professor Gavin D’Costa: On Catholicism and Other Faiths, via Vimeo
- Professor Gavin D’Costa: in conversation with Esra Akay Dag
- The Biblical Toolkit resource, created by Dr Lindsey Askin
- Dr Jon Balserak speaks about Calvinism
- Professor Rupert Gethin: In Discussion with the Dalai Lama
- A Buddhist Cosmology in Food, created by Dr Rita Langer
- The Merit of Ice Cream: two Religion and Theology students host Bristol’s first dansal in front of the Religion and Theology department
Also, why not start by finding something one of us has written on a topic you’re interested in? Click an academic’s name and when you are on their profile click on Research Outputs – some of our articles have been added to our own database and can be freely accessed.
The Department of Religion and Theology has at present links with twelve universities around the world (including placements in Montreal, California, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney and closer to home Leiden and Copenhagen) and we are still adding new and exciting places to our list. All of our partner universities offer units taught in English and were chosen carefully for their high-quality teaching and research in Religion, Theology and related subject areas.
For a full and up-to-date listing of partner universities see the Global Opportunities website:
Click on the link for some recommended summer reading for the department’s mandatory units