Find out how to apply for our Study Abroad programmes and spend a year or semester at the University of Bristol. The information below is applicable to 2021/22 entry.
If you're studying at one of our European exchange partner universities, you need to apply through the Erasmus+ scheme.
1. Check your eligibility
You must meet all of the following conditions:
- You are currently enrolled in an institution of higher education and studying towards a bachelor's degree.
- You have completed at least one year of study at university level by the start of your Bristol studies.
If you're studying towards a 4-year bachelor's degree, we strongly recommend that you have completed at least 2 years of study.
- You have a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or equivalent.
- You meet our English language requirements.
If there are mitigating circumstances that have affected your grades and mean that you are very slightly below the 3.0 GPA or equivalent, we may still be able to consider your application. In order to do this, we will need an academic reference from your home university and a personal statement to explain any mitigating circumstances. Each application will be assessed individually.
English language requirements
You must meet one of the following conditions:
- English is your native language.
- English is the language of instruction at your home university.
- You can provide proof that you meet our English language requirements.
There are different English language requirements for each of our Study Abroad programmes.
2. Create your programme
Bristol Study Abroad students can take units (classes) from across different faculties at the University. You will need to choose your preferred units before you apply.
Find out how to create your programme.
Choose the units you’d like to take so you can include these in your online application.
3. Apply online
Complete our online application form.
4. Submit your application
Collect all the required documents listed in the Application checklist (PDF, 31kB).
Email your supporting documents to email@example.com before the deadline for your chosen programme.
When applying, make sure you have followed the instructions from your home Study Abroad office. We recommend that you work closely with them throughout the application process.
Find out what happens after you apply.
All supporting documents must be received by the Global Opportunities team by the deadlines below:
13 April 2021
- Study Abroad Standard (full year and autumn semester)
30 May 2021
- Study Abroad Standard (spring semester)
17 October 2021