Statement of service
The International Student Visa Advice and Compliance Team is available to offer immigration information and advice in a professional, friendly and confidential manner. We are happy to offer guidance to prospective and current students, as well as recent graduates.
Our Advisers will always do everything possible to assist you to achieve the best possible outcome to their immigration situation, but must also act within the bounds and in the interests of the University’s sponsor licence. Advice offered is correct at the point it is offered, but Advisers have no control over when advice provided may no longer be valid due to immigration regulations and policy changes implemented by the Government. Immigration regulations and policy change often and with little or no notice. You should always check that any advice offered by the Advisers in the past is still valid prior to taking any action.
Please note that the International Student Visa Advisers are the only members of the University that are legally permitted to offer you immigration advice.
We offer comprehensive guidance with the following visas:
1. Tier 4 student general
2. Dependant of a Tier 4 student
3. Short term student
4. Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES)
5. Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme (GES).
We can also help you with:
1. Making or extending a Tier 4 application either in or outside of the UK. For applications made in the UK we can post your supporting documents to the UKVI.
2. Switching to Tier 4 from other visa categories.
3. Employment regulations during studies.
4. Visa refusals.
5. Impact on your Tier 4 where studies are interrupted by suspension, withdrawal or change of course.
6. Compliance with and protection of your Tier 4 status.
7. Errors in personal details or length of leave granted.
Accessing our help
- Drop-in sessions are available Monday to Friday between 1:30pm and 4.30pm.
- You can ask us a question online.
- Where your situation requires more time, we will schedule an appointment for you.
- We always aim to prioritise urgent cases, though you may have to wait longer during busier periods.
What to do next
- Seek advice early as we cannot guarantee support for last minute applications.
- Provide all requested information and documentation. Visa applications and enquiries often have strict timeframes. Failure to meet a deadline could adversely affect your outcome.
- Ensure all information provided is truthful and accurate.
- Take full responsibility for your visa by upholding your obligations.
- Check whether advice you received in the past remains valid as immigration policy and regulations are subject to change by the UK government.
- Keep up to date with UK immigration legislation. UKCISA and the UKVI are useful sources.
About our Visa Advisers
- We are legally permitted to offer you immigration advice and do so in accordance with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner’s Guidelines, as well as the UK Council for International Student Affairs’ (UKCISA) Code of Ethics.
- Please note that our team’s support is offered in the form of guidance, not legal advice.
- We cannot guarantee UKVI outcomes, nor can we influence the UKVI’s decisions.
- We will treat all your information as confidential, in accordance with Data Protection regulations. It will only ever be shared in exceptional circumstances, where the law requires us to do so.
If you have any comments or suggestions about our service, please email email@example.com.