Reporting repairs and maintenance

When you're living in a property, maintenance will be needed from time to time due to wear and tear and accidental damage. So that we can ensure repairs are made as quickly and effectively as possible, it's essential you report these quickly via the route outlined in your Residence Guide.  

Reporting repairs or problems 

How you need to report your repairs will vary depending on which type of property you live in. If the property is owned by the University, you can report all repairs and issues through your Accommodation Portal. For our partnership properties, although the University is your landlord, maintenance are repairs are carried out by the partnership provider. 

The best way to check which applies to you and to get the link you need to report a repair is to visit the Residence Guide for your specific residence, links to each of these are below - search 'repairs' in the search box. 

Reporting a problem any other way that outlined in your guide may result in a delay in getting the repair seen to.  

Damage by tenants 

If you break or damage something in your residence you need to report this too. This will give us the opportunity to repair it. If you don't tell us, it will be picked up at the end of your tenancy and you may be charged for the repair then as an end of tenancy charge.  

University residence guides

Our residences are organised into three villages. Each has its own Student Support Centre which is open 24/7 and a team to help you settle in and feel at home.

Access policy

Your Residence Guide also outlines the University's Access Policy (PDF) for student rooms. Where a repair has been requested notice that access is required will be deemed to have been given. Staff and contractors carrying out maintenance work will carry identification and residents should always ask to see it.

Edit this page