Information about when you will receive an offer of University accommodation, how to secure your student home and what to do if your offer is not what you hoped for.
You will receive only one offer of University accommodation, which will be sent to you via email. The email will prompt you to login to your Accommodation Portal to review the offer.
On this page
When will I receive my accommodation offer?
The date that you will receive an offer will depend on your student type and guarantee status. Your offer date will be included in the email you received when you completed your application and is also available on our key dates page or by logging into your Accommodation Portal.
On your offer date you will receive an email inviting you to log into the Accommodation Portal and view your offer. The email and offer will confirm the date by which you need to accept or decline your offer. If you miss the deadline, your offer will expire and your room will be allocated to another student.
Understanding your accommodation offer
Your accommodation offer will include all the information on your tenancy with us. Our video below explains what it means to sign a tenancy agreement with the University of Bristol.
How to accept your accommodation offer
You must accept your offer within the deadline stated in your offer email. To accept your offer, you need to:
- Log in to the Accommodation Portal.
- Click on your Accommodation Offer and review the details including the tenancy dates, cost and payment terms.
- Select Accept from the dropdown menu.
- You will then need to read and accept the tenancy agreement - this is a legally binding agreement with the University, your landlord.
- After accepting your tenancy, click through all stages of the process until you reach the final confirmation screen confirming you have reserved your room.
- You will then receive a confirmation email which will also contain information about arrivals and moving in.
Undergraduate students have nothing to pay at the point of booking. Your tenancy and Accommodation Portal will show you the payment amounts for your tenancy and the due dates.
Postgraduate students need to pay £500 rent in advance at the point of acceptance. To make payment you will need a debit or credit card with a three-digit security code on the reverse. Full details, including how to make your payment will be provided in your offer email.
If you're unhappy with your offer of University accommodation
We understand that some students may feel disappointed with their offer of accommodation. If this is the case, please be aware that some residences/room types/locations are over subscribed which means that we cannot allocate everyone a place in one of their accommodation options. We will not be able to offer you an alternative offer.
- You can decline your offer and look for accommodation in the private sector. By doing this, we will not be able to make you another offer of University-allocated accommodation. See section below for guidance on how to decline your offer.
- You can accept your offer and move into the residence. If you are not completely happy with your accommodation or are struggling to adjust to your new surroundings, you will have the support from Residential Life Services. You will also be eligible to apply for a room transfer from October 2022.
- If your offer of accommodation is not suitable for your health or disability needs, you can contact us, but we cannot guarantee a suitable room will be available. You will be required to provide medical evidence in support of your health requirements.
Declining your offer of University accommodation
We ask for you to think carefully before declining your accommodation offer. You will not be given another one and you will need to look for accommodation in the private sector.
To decline your offer, you will need to: